Program Manager, Infrastructure Engineering at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
Cloudflare’s Infrastructure department is responsible for growing Cloudflare’s global technological footprint, from designing and shipping next-generation servers to expanding our hundreds of global ISP partnerships. As a Program Manager on the Infrastructure Engineering team, you will join the team responsible for the selection and testing of hardware and hte development of applications and processes that allow Infrastructure to scale.Who you are
- A relationship builder who can clearly communicate technical and non-technical issues to multiple stakeholders
- Organized, with the ability to facilitate and lead cross-functional projects and report on progress and findings
- A team player who strives to bring out the best in people, acting as a liaison and shared point of contact for the team and with external vendors to ensure the most efficient processes and workflow
- Life-long learner interested in gaining a deep understanding of the business and how it impacts the organization
- Lead and collaborate on cross-functional infrastructure programs for the evaluation, testing, and design of hardware as well as the development of tools and Infrastructure systems
- Engage with internal customers to plan requirements, manage cross-functional programs, and communicate information to project stakeholders
- Identify and evaluate various software tools and scalable processes to aid the team in scaling up infrastructure growth
- Provide project management assistance and liaise with other complex and cross-functional project owners
- Streamline processes and work closely with developers to improve workflow, inventory, and provisioning systems
- Create tickets as blueprints to ensure proper sequence of project milestones and dependencies are identified and managed
- Provide regular status updates within the ticketing system (Jira) and in consolidated progress reports
- Develop effective communication and teamwork across team members, departments, and external vendors
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Experience in project and/or program management at a technology company
- Understanding of project management and agile development methods
- University degree or equivalent practical experience is required
- Master’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain or engineering field or an equivalent amount of professional experience is a plus
- Strong background in working with project management tools, spreadsheets and presentation tools
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and able to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items
- Familiarity with data center and network colocation infrastructure
- Foresight to understand and plan around the technical dependencies and impacts associated with other teams and projects
- Intellectual curiosity, particularly around technology
- Strong change management and communication skills
- Comfortable managing teams/projects with tight deadlines in an ambiguous environment
- Prior experience managing programs across multiple, large cross-functional teams.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
188.8.131.52: We released 184.108.40.206 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.