Program Manager – New Market Entry (Compliance) at Bright Health
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
The Bright Health Market Success team is responsible for the successful implementation, launch, and ongoing management of Bright Health’s local markets. As the Program Manager – New Market Entry, you are responsible for partnering with our Texas market leaders, Market Implementation Program Managers, and national compliance team to support the strategy and execution of all regulatory and compliance activities, navigate state-specific regulatory requirements, and maintain strategic alignment throughout all local and national initiatives. This role will build professional relationships across departments, teams, and leaders to help deliver best-in-class business results by maintaining a comprehensive plan to identify regulatory trends, expedite approval of programs/processes/communications, and minimize compliance risk.
The Program Manager – New Market Entry (Compliance) job description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items.
- Enable legal compliance in the Texas state commercial market (and product lines), utilizing best practices in project/program management to develop and manage key programs and processes.
- Perform in-depth research on current trends and potential opportunities for improvement.
- Manage compliance action items for market- and nationally-driven programs and initiatives and flag regulatory considerations/barriers/opportunities, as needed. Provide project management support to compliance related activities including managing timelines, deliverables, dependencies and management of risks and issues related to compliance activities.
- Draft language for marketing content, policy and procedure updates, form filings, etc., coordinating with Program Managers and the national compliance team to build related standard operating procedures.
- Ensure regulatory/legal changes are incorporated into all broker/provider/member materials and spearhead the process for receiving regulatory approval of materials.
- Translate legal guidance from the national compliance team to Texas market leaders, partnering across Bright Health functional areas (Marketing, Clinical, Operations, Networks) to navigate state- and line of business-specific requirements.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (Required)
- Four (4) or more years of experience in complex project management in a healthcare (preferably payer) setting (Required)
- Four (4) or more years of progressive experience guiding compliance and regulatory affairs for health plans (Preferred)
- Knowledge of various project management frameworks required
- Knowledge of Texas state payer regulatory environment preferred
- Knowledge of Commercial product and timing lifecycle preferred
- Proven focus and ability to communicate regulatory dynamics at an Executive level preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products; Word, Excel, PowerPoint required
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Products; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to meet business needs
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to build relationships with Bright Health national and market-based teams
- Demonstrated flexibility, organization, and self-motivation
- Demonstrated adaptability to fast-changing priorities
The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.