Program Manager, Professional Services Operations
MongoDB Professional Services exist to support the development of our customers’ vision, accelerate customers’ time to value, and drive a multitude of customer adoption scenarios - from building new solutions to modernising legacy applications or migrating to cloud. Our consulting solutions ensure that organizations get the best out of MongoDB.
This role of Program Manager in our Professional Services Operations team will help us take our business to the next level of scale and operational excellence in delivery, governance and predictability. This role will have abundant opportunity to meaningfully impact both the day to day and the growth of our business. This role will proactively identify opportunities for systems and process optimization. This role will strongly interface with cross-functional business teams to support their needs and/or work on implementing new or updating existing initiatives. This role will have high visibility into strategic initiatives as well as into multiple parts of the organization, including but not limited to Finance, Business Systems, Sales, Procurement and Legal.
This position requires a driven self-starter who is able to work comfortably across functions, takes tasks from start to finish and someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Strategic Professional Services (PS) initiatives
- Drive, project manage and document assigned strategic PS initiatives
- Design and refine assigned processes, systems and automations and proactively communicate and train the relevant stakeholders on the introduced changes
- Maintain a centralized view of all in-flights key initiatives across PS functions and capture ownership, timelines and on-going updates
- Support PS Leadership and Product Commercialization in all initiatives concerning PS price books such as SKU creations/deprecations
- Vendor management
- Maintain collaborative relationships with PS vendors to ensure and promote effective communication, vendor performance, service delivery and ongoing relationships.
- Own bug tracking and resolution with the vendor in collaboration with Business Systems and all relevant internal MongoDB teams.
- Create and maintain vendors documentation throughout the lifecycle of the vendors relationship.
- Ensure vendors’ end users within PS are clear on how to use and benefit from the vendors services and are applying the subsequent internal processes
- Maintain awareness of PS organizational objectives to translate into systems improvements, vendors and stakeholders awareness.
- Analytics and reporting
- Maintain a set of day to day standard global reports and promote across PS functions
- Communicate final quarterly/yearly KPI achievements to PS Leadership in collaboration with Finance
- Communicate weekly utilization tracking to individual contributors
- Create and maintain reporting cheat sheets for PS Leadership to drive global, consistent and predictable reporting within the PS org
- Support PS Leadership with capacity planning
- Support PS price book consistency and troubleshoot where appropriate
- Support Finance with reporting and requests related to end of month/quarter/year close
- Fulfill ad hoc reporting requests and identify opportunities for improved reporting
Skills and behaviours
- Excited by working on a wide range of cross functional projects and initiatives
- Ability to communicate and establish credibility with business owners from around the organization, creating strong partnerships with other teams
- Ability to enable internal stakeholders on introduced changes, processes and systems
- Comfortable working with and condensing large amounts of data into digestible, actionable information for Leadership
- Comfortable with data and analytical in approach
- Ability to think creatively, highly driven and self-motivated
- Ability to prioritize, highlight risk and escalate as appropriate
- Flexible in approach with a can-do and positive attitude
- Must be proactive and able to use initiative with a willingness to learn on the job
- Must be detail oriented and customer focused with a knack for understanding and working through the inherent complexities of a fast-paced operating environment
- Google docs, Salesforce and FinancialForce experience
- Experience developing tools, reports, scorecards, and data visualizations that improve upon those currently employed for understanding the business and making decisions
- Excellent project/program management and organizational skills
- Communication: Build strong relationships and keep stakeholders accountable, manage expectations and risks with a wide range of audiences
- Collaboration: Work seamlessly between stakeholders from different roles, different organisations, different regions to successfully drive assigned projects from start to finish
- Operational excellence: Provide and promote a framework that facilitates predictability in the organization. Build and maintain processes and controls that seamlessly adapt to the business growth and changes over time
- Problem solving: Collect, analyze feedback and bring solutions to the table
- Long-term vision: Maintain a strategic mindset to stay proactive while executing short term goals flawlessly
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*