Program Manager, Professional Services Operations at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB Professional Services (hereafter referred to as “PS”) has a mission to support the development of our customers’ vision, accelerate time to value, and drive a multitude of customer adoption scenarios, from building new solutions to modernizing legacy applications or migrating to the cloud. Our consulting solutions ensure that organizations get the best out of MongoDB.
The Program Manager is a key role on the PS Operations team that will help us take our business to the next level of scale and operational excellence in delivery, governance, and predictability. You will support the needs of cross-functional business teams by managing the implementation of new, strategic initiatives and the continual improvement of existing practices. You will meaningfully impact the day-to-day experience of our team and contribute to the growth of the business by standardizing processes and improving efficiencies across multiple functional areas. The close relationships you’ll develop with stakeholders in other parts of the organization, including but not limited to Finance, Business Systems, and Legal, will help lay the foundation for greater scale and efficiency.
This position requires a driven self-starter who is able to work comfortably across multiple and variable functions with occasionally ambiguous scope. The successful candidate will consistently take tasks from start to finish, successfully juggle multiple competing priorities and business needs, and thrive in a fast-paced, challenging environment. This role will report to the Senior Program Manager, Worldwide PS Operations.What You’ll Do
- Manage Strategic Initiatives
- Own and manage the implementation of strategic projects for the PS team from inception through completion, including process documentation and team enablement
- Create and execute on a roadmap of new features and initiatives in an array of systems used by the PS team (focus on Salesforce, FinancialForce) and drive accountability with internal teams for meeting launch deadlines
- Utilize issue tracking software to continually prioritize the backlog of PS tickets for new projects and features in conjunction with Business Systems
- Process Development and Reporting
- Support first-line users of various tools by creating efficient, repeatable processes
- Develop, maintain, and continually refine documentation for critical PS operational processes and systems while driving awareness and adoption
- Empower and encourage PS team members to provide suggestions to improve the processes and systems they use every day
- Own a number of recurring monthly and quarterly tasks to support PS business needs in collaboration with other departments
- Support PS Leadership and key stakeholders in other departments with analytics and reporting on KPIs for the PS team
- Vendor Management
- Employ vendor management best practices to foster healthy business relationships with various external vendors working with the PS team
- Ensure vendors’ end users within PS are clear on the processes for using these systems and the benefits of the services they provide
- A Bachelor's degree is required; advanced degree preferred
- Passion for working on a wide range of cross-functional projects and initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects, and highlight risk and escalate when appropriate
- Ability to quickly establish credibility with business owners from around the organization, developing strong partnerships with other teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deep organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to enable internal stakeholders on introduced changes, processes, and systems
- Comfortable condensing large amounts of data into digestible, actionable information
- Ability to think creatively to solve complex problems
- Strong drive and self-motivation with a willingness to learn on the job
- Flexible approach with a can-do and positive attitude
- Experience working with project tracking software (e.g. JIRA, Rally, MS Project)
- Experience creating/improving reports, dashboards, and data visualizations
- Experience with project/program management preferred
- Experience with Salesforce/FinancialForce preferred
- Communication: Build strong relationships and keep stakeholders accountable, manage expectations and risks with a wide range of audiences
- Collaboration: Work seamlessly with stakeholders from different roles, teams, and/or regions to successfully drive projects from start to finish
- Operational excellence: Build a repeatable framework to maintain processes and controls that seamlessly adapt to business growth over time
- Problem solving: Collect and analyze feedback to bring solutions to the table
- Long-term vision: Maintain a strategic mindset to stay proactive while consistently executing on short-term goals
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.