Program Manager, Web Operations
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Role
The Marketing Technology and Platforms team architects, builds, and manages the websites, systems, tools, and analytics platforms that enable Cloudflare to effectively market and sell its services at scale. Web Operations is a highly critical function within the entire Marketing department. Both tactical and strategic, this person will partner with the marketing engineering team to ensure proper scoping, resourcing, delivery of all project requests, while also drive planning, stakeholder communications and properly documentations.
Never satisfied with the status quo, this person will continuously look for ways to improve quality as well as team efficiency by introducing new practices and leveraging new technologies.
What you'll do
- Lead the daily scrum meetings with the Marketing Engineering team
- Provide strategic project resourcing, planning, prioritization, oversight and direction
- Monitor current projects and continuously groom the project backlog
- Ensure QA and UAT test plans are generated and executed
- Proactively communicate project milestones, status updates and prioritization tradeoff decisions to all key stakeholders
- Continuously look for opportunities to improve deployment quality
- Drive roadmap for continuous enhancement of our internal content management system (Contentful)
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 7+ years of experience in software application, technical consulting project management, product operations, or web producer roles.
- Experience working directly with engineering teams, cross-functional stakeholders and globally distributed teams driving a scrum or agile development environment
- Excellent technical project management, time management and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Comfortable with data, spreadsheets, analytics, pivot tables, ad-hoc analysis, and are no stranger to complex software, database, and website processes
- Solid understanding of customer-facing website user experiences and development components including APIs, HTML, CSS, JS, etc
- Experience using administrative tools, specifically JIRA and Confluence
- Experience working with various Content Management Systems
Preferred experience and traits
- Deep domain knowledge in web analytics and tag management, specifically Google Analytics and Tag Manager
- Passionate about mentoring and coaching cross-functional partners on improving project requirements documentation
- Demonstrated experience and success in driving commercial success and business KPIs through web channel
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.