We are Duo, and we’re here to democratize security for everyone. Our mission is to protect the mission of our customers like Facebook, Twitter, and Etsy by making security simple.
We’re a diverse crew of makers and builders, skaters and coders, filmmakers and DJ’s, teachers and students brought together by a shared belief in adding value to the world. This diversity allows us to bring an empathetic approach to solve some of the most complex global business and security challenges faced today.
The Program Management team at Duo increases the overall health and success of the Engineering organization. We are the glue between multiple teams and functions, aligning the skills and actions of others in an effective, efficient, organized way to accomplish the goals of Duo as a company. We take ownership of our organization’s processes and systems to enable our team members to do their best work.
The two main roles of our department are Project Managers, who primarily drive successful completion of feature development, and Program Managers, who run all the programs that make the Engineering and Production Engineering teams an extraordinary place to work. We are a flexible group that will take on any project or initiative needed to make us successful.
This position is for a Program Manager who will lead programs and initiatives that support the Engineering department, currently around 120 people. As a Program Manager, you’ll work with every part of the team to make sure our organization is an excellent place to work and team members are effective and supported. You’ll think about everything from the experience of new employees as they begin their careers here to the changing needs of a fast-growing company to the efficiency of our work processes.
What you’ll do…
- Identify areas for improvement and create successful programs that address the issues you’ve identified.
- Own, maintain, and improve the current programs we have in place. These programs can include things like professional development, onboarding, planning and facilitating large team meetings, collecting team feedback, budgeting, and running the intern program.
- Think about scaling the team, and what we need to change as the team continues to grow rapidly. Take initiative to create or change processes to support scaling.
- Plan and execute events such as team celebrations, release parties, and offsites.
- Develop relationships with different departments at Duo and be the go-to person when we need to collaborate or problem solve across departments.
Skills you have…
- You have 2+ years experience as a Project/Program Manager at a tech company or high growth company.
- Ability to manage complex programs and projects from beginning to end.
- You’re comfortable with a wide variety of activities and can quickly learn new skills that might be needed to execute a program or event.
- You’re thoughtful and excited about improving the day to day experiences of people on your team.
- You are extremely organized with top-notch communication skills, both verbal and written.
- You can facilitate meetings and speak in front of groups
3 Reasons why you should apply…
- You’ll make things happen and see projects through to completion. You’ll see the positive effect you work has on the team.
- You’ll be constantly working on different things, and have the opportunity to design your own programs
- Our team is growing rapidly and you’ll play a significant role in scaling our team successfully
This job may not be for you if...
- If the pace of a fast-moving, growth phase company makes you uncomfortable, or if you need a lot of well established policies and procedures before you can make decisions and drive results, this might not be the best role for you.
- If you’re uncomfortable taking initiative, learning new skills on the fly, or facilitating large group meetings and trainings, this is not the position for you.
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the distinct contributions that everyone brings in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.