Are you a Program Manager who can inspire and unite teams around a common objective, while being a true facilitator of Agile for your Scrum Teams? Are you a champion for process improvement, reflecting and iterating to make things better as you go? Are you interested in applying your technical skills to help nonprofits and public sector organizations change lives and better their communities? If so, keep reading!
What You'll Do:
- Guide 2 teams and the PD organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values.
- Facilitate effective Scrum Team rituals (daily standups, retrospectives, sprint planning sessions, and sprint reviews). Often times these rituals require challenging discussions, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Influencing without authority to enforce best practices, processes and commitments to quality releases.
- Assist the Discovery Team with backlog grooming, and coordinate team acceptance of Definition of Ready for each User Story.
- Communicate with the Discovery Team and PMO on matters such as Sprint and/or Scrum Team Risks and Roadblocks. Offer mitigation strategies and resolve within the team whenever possible.
- Protect the current sprint. Ensure the team has the resources they need, are communicating well, and are protected from distractions and interruptions. Keep sprint goals clear and visible to teams.
- Promote quality standards and ensure Scrum Team work meets quality goals. Ensure the team manages their Definition of Done.
- Build a Scrum Master Community with other Scrum Masters and PMO by sharing lessons learned, best practices, and participating in group discussions and trainings.
- Support Program Management Office by promoting data health within the team, and taking on projects relating to process improvement, increasing collaboration/communication, and reporting.
- 2+ years of Scrum Master/Program Manager experience.
- Strong communicator – must be able to clearly articulate expectations and facilitate team discussions.
- Self-starter who can find a way forward even when the path is unclear. Has a can-do attitude with a demonstrated ability to get things done under minimal supervision.
- Understands basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures. Strives for efficiency and looks for ways to improve process.
- Understands basic fundamentals of iterative development.
- Understands backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition.
- Understands the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team.
Why We're Awesome:
At Social Solutions, we're mission focused and results oriented! We're a diverse team of innovators, creatives, and digital architects that come together to help organizations transform lives. Social Solutions' software (SaaS) helps some of the most vulnerable human beings in our society. Our software for Nonprofits allows them to spend less time on compliance and more time on ensuring the effectiveness of their service programs for the people who rely on them. Since our software was designed by direct service works for direct service providers, it also helps them to demonstrate impact to stakeholders.
What You'll Get:
- Amazing coworkers
- Flexible PTO
- 100% employer paid benefits for employees
- 8 hours per quarter of volunteer time
- Company sponsored events and happy hours
- Career advancement opportunities
- That's not all, folks!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.