We’re an award-winning business, recently voted Best Small Companies in Austin! Brightpearl exists to automate retail so merchants can spend their time and money growing the business.
Brightpearl is designed for retailers and wholesalers and enables omnichannel merchants to manage the heart of their business easily from one single system. Over 1,200 businesses in 26 countries use our platform and we manage over 10m transactions and $3b of business a year. Brightpearl is a cloud platform which typically gets retail businesses up and running in less than 60 days - twice as fast as our competitors. We are increasing our investment across the teams to take us to the next level and we’re looking for proactive self-starters to hit the ground running on our Sales team.
Brightpearl’s US headquarters is in the heart of downtown Austin with a global headquarters in Bristol, UK.
A good team player capable of delivering quality results under pressure and to strict deadlines; an attitude of continual improvement, lifelong learning and an interest in pursuing a career in project management. Integrity is fundamentally important to you. You possess strong attention, with exceptional organizational skills and ability to multitask and work independently.
About the Role:
The Project Administrator role is responsible for ensuring the Professional Services team deliver high quality implementation projects by managing, organizing and controlling project activities. As a member of this team you will add value throughout the solution delivery stage (ensuring quality delivery standards are met) with a smooth customer handover to the Customer Success and Support teams.
Your Day-to-Day Life:
This role is primarily focused on assisting the Project Management Team with clerical administrative tasks associated with our Implementation Consultants. Some of your regular responsibilities might include:
- Assisting the project manager in all administration functions and process.
- Facilitating development of project plans from inception to completion.
- Attending all meetings and take notes and assign agreed actions
- Scheduling customer engagements
- Monitor projects plans, delivered hours, and budgets with defined project control tools;
- Ensure all internal CRM and Project Management systems are kept up to date.
- Maintain project documentation, plans and reports;
- Communicate relevant project information to the client and project team effectively and accurately;
- Liaise with Project Consultants to track & manage project risks, change requests, project issues and opportunities - escalating where necessary;
- Report on project status and issues that may impact client relations to Professional Services leadership;
- Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude;
- Ensure projects are delivered in accordance with best practice procedures; and
- Help in other tasks or projects as assigned.
- This position will be required to work in the Austin office on a set schedule.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Information Technology disciplines
- Excellent communication skills in both oral and written
- Previous experience as a project administrator or in a similar role.
- Experience in customer service
- Join one of Austin’s Best Places to Work 2018
- Competitive compensation package: salary, stock options, medical benefits, 20 days of annual PTO and 12 Holidays
- Stocked Kitchen with snacks and beer on tap
- Work downtown Austin in an open and vibrant workspace
- Enjoy frequent Company events, team building activities and after hour socials
- We’re an energetic, driven organization who believe in promoting a healthy work-life balance and support remote working with management approval.
Check us out on Built In Austin to get more of an insight on what it’s like to work with us!