Project Manager - Community Management at Amherst
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
The Community Management Project Manager will report to the Director of Community Management and is responsible for all internal project management for new Build-for-Rent communities from pre-close through to stabilization. This entails liaising with Acquisitions, Development, Asset Management, Construction, Planning, Central Operations, Leasing, Property Management, Legal, Marketing and any other relevant parties to ensure successful Community launches.
- Oversee project implementation and execution for each community including seamless hand-offs between teams and running concurrent tasks on communities with different teams.
- Ensure a standard of high-quality products and resident-centric services across the entire portfolio
- Own a clean hand-off to property management
- Create efficient processes to streamline management, development, and ownership of communities
- Kickoff projects prior to close and ensure all information is gathered to set up each community
- Deliver against tight timelines and raise flags if deadlines are going to be missed
- Align pertinent internal parties and drive accountability across the organization to develop communities
- Maintain responsibility for every community in your pipeline and flag issues to the Head of Community Management as they arise
- Manage multiple development projects of various sizes and geographic locations by developing multiple relationships across various stakeholders to create a seamless business process and efficiently serve a large number of homes
- Create and maintain communication updates and channels that outline the progress of each community for leadership
- Work with strategic vendors to roll out services across all Amherst Homes communities
- Have a keen sense of the competitive landscape/product in each geography and report out on it
- Any other duties as assigned
- Willing to travel up to 50% to development projects to assess progress and for vendor meetings
- Minimum 5 years of experience in residential real estate, development experience a plus
- Project management experience required
- Proficient in Yardi, Salesforce, Asana, and Microsoft Office Suite, Tableau a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree, graduate degrees a plus
- Excellent communication skills and attention to details
Our full-time employee benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO including 7 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, and 1 volunteer day
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Up to 16 weeks paid maternity leave; up to 4 weeks of paid parental leave
- Backup childcare offered through Bright Horizons
- Relaxed casual environment with virtual office events
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.