Project Manager - Contractor
Location: Austin, TX
ClearDATA is seeking Project Manager to join our team on a 3 to 6 month contract (with the possibility to extend or transition to a permanent role) to facilitate migration of several clients from our Vmware environment into the public cloud and coordinate a data center shutdown. This is an excellent opportunity for you to leverage your technical expertise and gain new experience in the world of hosted and managed services while being part of the Health Care revolution to the Cloud.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in managing cloud migrations and datacenter exits.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with clients, marketing, executive sponsors, client success managers and solutions architects to modify existing clients current private cloud application footprint into a public cloud friendly model.
- Coordinate the new environment builds in public cloud
- Coordinate the migration of data, some will be over the wire others will be shipping physical media.
- Evaluate retention requirements and work with solution architects on non-data center centeric retentions solutions
- Manage the move of internal applications (non-client) hosted in the data center to Amazon Web Services.
- Coordinate datacenter shut down activities including but not limited to destruction of storage media previously hosting PHI.
- Recommend process and quality improvements
- Schedule and help with facilitating meetings with leadership and stakeholders
- Measure and forecast support team capacity and velocity
- Identify team action items and lead them through to completion
- Remove team blockers
- Risk analysis and mitigation
What you will need:
- 3-5 years experience in technical project management
- Experience with data center exits, cloud migrations or datacenter and cloud operations
- PMP certification, a plus
- College degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Proven track record of coordinating onprem to cloud migrations
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- A dynamic company that rewards high-performers
- Be on the cutting edge of new technologies and services
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- Servant leadership Management
- Business-casual dress code
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive compensation
ClearDATA is an EEO/AA employer M/F/V/D.