Project Manager - Design
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce is looking for a talented Project Manager to join our design team! Designers at BigCommerce are responsible for the creation and maintenance of high-quality, publication ready content in support of our merchant and partner engagement goals. While designers collaborate with all teams at BigCommerce, the relationship between Marketing and Design will be critical for the success of this role. You will be trusted to aid design in delivering content on effectively and on time.
You feel passionately that Design is a craft and a critical part of the overall marketing strategy. You have a passion for all things design & creative, but are focused on the mechanics and operations as a discipline.
What You’ll Do
- Working with cross-functional partners, you will negotiate realistic, but aggressive, timelines to execute & deliver high-quality assets.
- Develop strong working relationships with other functional areas, such as PMO and engineering.
- Ensure on-time delivery of all projects in flight and anticipate when things may go off track.
- Help Marketing leadership prioritize work and set expectations.
- Determine appropriate use of patterns and guidelines for various content needs.
- Effectively assess project risks and formulate mitigation plans with minimal guidance from manager.
- Take full ownership of your work, including managing multiple priorities and creating awareness of the production pipeline.
- Work with web strategy and development teams as requests are translated from stakeholders, to design.
- Ensure content is optimized and organized for requester needs.
Who You Are
- 4+ years of experience working with marketing and design teams. Preferably with a product or software company and/or agency.
- Proficiency with Agile, SCRUM, and waterfall workflows, delivered in point systems
- A professional dot-connector, cross-functional diplomat, and process guru.
- Be able to multitask, working on several projects at once with careful attention to detail.
- Great interpersonal skills with both local and remote teams
- Using Google Hangouts is second nature
- Expertise in JIRA. Experience with Craft, Marketo, and other online publication tools is a plus.
- Delivery experience working in cross-disciplinary teams.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.