Project Manager, Global Partner Success Operations at Vrbo
We are seeking a hardworking and highly motivated Project Manager to join the Operations Excellence team within the Global Partner Success Operations (GPSO) organization. This position calls for a unique blend of agile knowledge and project management experience to drive critical initiatives, identify and take advantage of improvement opportunities, and increase visibility & education around impactful operational products, insights, and technology. We believe in building a team that is curious, analytical, and able to successfully navigate through ambiguity to deliver world-class operational unlocks to our global Partner Success teams. You will be key to achieving this through close collaboration with our Partner Success leadership team, analysts, and engineers by acting as a communication beacon for the team. Your ability to develop a vision and act with autonomous initiative is essential as you navigate partnerships with teams.What You'll Do:
- Formulate, implement and execute best in class project management frameworks to enable optimized solutions and products for the Global Partner Success Operations team
- Project lead complex and broad-scale cross-team initiatives.
- Create milestones, checkpoints, and communication standards to ensure projects are delivered on-time and within scope.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques. Drive alignment on course corrections when needed, and communicate progress to stakeholders; immediately raise unknown blockers/risks to leadership.
- Proactively identify changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders, and ensuring technical and operational feasibility.
- Lead and augment our capabilities around collecting and using data and insights, and ensure that it guides in process improvements and fast decision-making.
- Help design and implement impactful feedback loops with which we can support and enable continuous improvement.
- Become an expert in our products and seek out opportunities for identifying improvements
- Partner closely with key business partners including Partner Success, Customer Experience, Business Solutions, Engineering, and Data Science teams to optimize GPSO operations for the highest quality possible.
- Thoughtfully structure and implement processes and solutions to help our dynamic teams efficiently organize, prioritize, track, and measure their work
- You are passionate about helping teams achieve goals through planning
- While you love to plan, you are able to thrive in ambiguity, change, and agile environments
- You understand complex concepts and make reasoned decisions objectively
- You can help teams make order out of complex, fast-moving initiatives so desired outcomes can be achieved
- You demonstrate a positive attitude in the face of difficult or challenging situations
- You continuously raise expectations of performance; motivating and supporting team efforts to achieve goals while upholding organizational values and standards; tracking progress toward goals.
- You are a self-starter, sees what needs to be done and takes initiative
- 5+ years of experience with program or project management in a technology organization
- Highly agile mindset; ability to stay organized and excel in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Excellent analytical abilities; able to dig into complex processes and data to help inform decisions.
- Validated ability to guide initiatives, leading to greater process efficiency, visibility and organizational leverage
- Effective at implementation of organization-wide projects and initiatives through collaboration across functions, geographies, and organization levels.
- Impeccable communication skills and customer-centric mindset
- Demonstrated experience building project plans and presenting insights, impact, and potential challenges to senior leaders
- Ability to influence and motivate people across a wide variety of job functions through your relationships
- Project Management certification required
- Business process improvement experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree required
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on Vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares. If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.About Vrbo:
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of VRBO and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.