Project Manager - HR/Business - IT Liaison at Leander ISD
Define HR and Finance/Business Services project objectives, ensure alignment with HR/Finance strategy and goals and oversee quality control of projects. May assist in acquiring resources and coordinating team members and/or third-party contractors or consultants to deliver projects according to plan. Design, create, modify, and implement programs to help the district utilize database system to increase effectiveness and reduce costs. May perform some application developer work to facilitate utilization of customized and standard software to align with HR/Business goals.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Lead the process to define HR/Finance/Business Services project scope, goals and deliverables in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Serve as liaison between HR/Finance/Business Services and IT Departments.
- Define project tasks and resource requirements, synthesizing input from sponsors, stakeholders, team members, and outside vendors and contractors.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones to ensure project consistency and optimization.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Work closely with Purchasing staff to define procurement requirements and assist in vendor selections, negotiations and contract review.
- Monitor and report on project status and budget with proficient project documentation.
- Track vendor performance to ensure contract compliance and quality.
- Gather information to facilitate decisions about project feasibility and priority.
- Consult with users to determine system and functional specifications related to the HR/Finance/Business Services database systems.
- Create structured reporting programs and develop customized queries to meet the information processing needs of HR/Finance/Business Services.
- Design, create, test and modify the information systems, including systems analysis, programming, and computer operation activities as related to database system.
- Schedule, test, install, implement and troubleshoot programs.
- Research appropriate technical solutions and continually assess user needs.
- Assist with interface maintenance between ERP software and other third-party software.
- May develop custom applications to provide solutions, coordinating with IT Department.
- Prepare and maintain system and user documentation.
- Provide proactive technical assistance to Hr/Finance/Business Services staff.
- Participate in integration, training and implementation activities.
- May schedule, test, install, implement and troubleshoot programs.
- Collaborate on architecture and integration requirements with IT staff.
- Provide support for third-party and custom applications within the district.
- Stay aware of appropriate technical solutions and continually assess user needs.
- Assist user groups in better utilizing technology to improve HR/Finance/Business Services performance.
- Demonstrate regular and prompt attendance to ensure a consistent focus on student learning.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field. Related experience may substitute for degree.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Experience in data processing or management information systems; IT project management with a focus on HR and Payroll services; web-based and software application development including solutions design, implementation, testing, training and maintenance of various business solutions.
- Knowledge of database structure and design; payroll, benefits, and accounting preferred; and timekeeping and attendance software, preferably Kronos; IT best practices and project management techniques and software; SharePoint and .NET application development; Oracle and SQL Server, C#, Razor Pages and ASP.NET; SQL queries, SSRS, SSIS, SQL Development, Optimization, Debugging, and Security; Microsoft TFS and GIT.
- Skill in customer service, communication, conflict management and problem solving; planning and organizing; customer interface; oral and written communication; and making presentations.
- Ability to build SQL stored procedures, T-SQL, triggers, and views, to analyze systems and procedures, to write and revise standards and procedures, to manage time effectively, provide strong customer service, and to communicate effectively; respond timely to client requests; to manage multiple projects; to analyze database to provide best solution.
- Needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work schedule on short-term basis.
- Ability to make decisions which have significant impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit.
- Ability to communicate with individuals utilizing a telephone, computer or other electronic device.
- Ability to compose material such as detailed reports, work-related manuals, publications of limited scope or impact and to make presentations outside of the immediate work area.
- Ability to compute, analyze and interpret numerical data for reporting purposes.
- Ability to make information presentations, inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, multi-priority environment.
- Ability to handle difficult conversations and deescalate employees, staff, and parents.
- Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting.
- Repetitive hand motions including frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds).
- May work prolonged or irregular hours.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
The State Board for Educator Certification will require all first time applicants for an initial credential to be fingerprinted as part of a national criminal background check. A cost of up to $49.00 will be charged for fingerprinting.
Equal Opportunity Employer