Project Manager III
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
The goal of the Project Manager III within Services is to ensure customer success, focusing both on reactive support and pro-active services to enable the customer to successfully deploy their Forcepoint solution set. The Project Manager III is the liaison between the deployment team and the other Forcepoint internal teams during deployment. The Project Manager III will own the relationship with the deployment team and share responsibility for their success. He/she serves as an advisor to customers during deployment through a combination of technical consulting and project management skills.
• Diligently does the on-boarding of new implementation projects
• Must have experience working directly with Enterprise Customer Support supporting Business customers
• Builds and grows relationships with both Technical staff and Sr. Management from the customer team.
• Collaborates with Product Management and Engineering teams in Forcepoint to communicate product improvements identified during deployment activities.
• Conducts at a minimum a weekly call with each of their accounts to understand deployment status and risks.
• Performs a quarterly review of the deployment team.
• Owns, drives and tracks deployment team escalations with engineering and Tech Support
• Contributes to the Knowledge Base based on deployment lessons learned and unique issues experienced for any of their deployments.
• Works on staying current on both the technology and product fronts.
• Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
• At least 4 years in information systems environment supporting business-to-business customers.
• At least 5 years of project management experience. Experience managing multiple projects in parallel a must. Working knowledge of MS Project. PMP preferred
- At least 4 years experience working in a Professional Services setting
- Experience working with Salesforce and PSA. Familiar with billing and revenue recognition
• Experienced with running large complex global programs spanning across multiple technologies, business units and time zones
• Demonstrated experience in a technical customer support environment
• Ability to troubleshoot technical issues at a high level to determine appropriate path to resolution.
• Strong personal drive for ensuring customer success with a proactive focus.
• Strong background in a dynamic, problem solving, customer service environment.
• Flexibility, integrity and creative problem-solving skills.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects under tight deadlines with a can-do attitude.
• Ability to articulate technical issues in a meaningful way to both team and executive level management.
• Must be capable of dealing confidently and professionally at the executive level with Customers.
• Must be a team player and build good working relationships across all functions.
• Perform resource planning in order to meet demand, hiring staff when necessary
• Works with leadership to remove barriers and ensure projects are delivered on time, in budget and in scope.
• Strong experience in using PMP, SCRUM, and LEAN tools and delivery methodologies to lead projects and drive change.
• Advanced in Microsoft Office such as Word, Excel,PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook