“Making Healthcare Right. Together.” is the cornerstone of all we do. Our vision is to deliver the best healthcare experience by putting brilliant minds, empathetic hearts and personalized technology to work to create meaningful relationships between our members and Care Partners. To successfully achieve our mission and vision as we operate in a dynamic health care environment, we expect Bright People to embody and uphold our core values in work and interactions, both internal and external: Be Purposeful, Be Authentic, Be Brave, Be Positive, Be Respectful, and Be Accountable.
SCOPE OF ROLE
The Security Project Manager position reports to the Director, Information Security and must be an experienced team player, possess strong communication, organizational and collaboration skills, have the ability to determine the appropriate security systems solutions, and manage a demanding workload in the execution of multiple concurrent projects across national and organizational boundaries.
The Security Project Manager description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items.
- Collaborate with peer teams and organizations to ensure their team is aligned with broader strategy and initiatives, fully supporting leadership priorities, being good partners, helping reduce costs, time burden, and complexity, and being responsive trusted advisers
- Deliver assigned projects in accordance with established requirements, deadlines, and applicable cybersecurity law and company policy
- Engage with internal customers as appropriate to evangelize and represent cybersecurity program
- Oversee projects to ensure they are delivered in accordance with established baseline requirements and deadlines and within budget.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in IT Security, business, or engineering related discipline; or equivalent experience preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in the cybersecurity field.
- 4+ years of experience in managing the deployment of security projects.
- Thought leadership and subject matter expertise to deliver one or more large programs and services while increasing standardization, simplification, and automation.
- Strong familiarity with cloud systems.
- Strong familiarity with security technologies and policy.
- Preferred experience and knowledge delivering security projects in HIPAA, SOX, SOC2 regulated industries.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
BEHAVIORAL AND LEADERSHIP NORMS
· Bright Values: Lives the Bright Values. Is focused on bravery needed to develop a variety skills. Not afraid to ask questions or take risks. Focuses on purposeful planning and objective setting. Focuses on the team’s successes, and how to support that effort.
· Collaboration: Is an effective collaborator that works well with the functional team and others in the organization to align on timelines and effective delivery of a project or task. Is solution oriented and works on generating input from multiple constituents and driving the team to a solution. Is able to work with different personality types and teammates to overcome differences in opinion and thought to achieve common company goals.
· Delivers Results: Is results oriented. Focuses on results and the best and most efficient avenue for achieving results. Works with manager or appropriate liaison in the organization to work through goal setting and milestone development to ensure timely and high quality work product. Achieves strong results within functional area. Is focused on managing against a predetermined set of objectives, and creates and follows process.
· Exhibits Curiosity: Focuses on learning about the business at large. Seeks to understand how they can drive the business forward and how the bigger picture works. Actively participates in his/her own career development.
· Multi-tasking: Balances multiple projects and initiatives at any given time. Alongside manager or appropriate Bright teammate, re-evaluates priorities based on changing company needs to understand what must be done today. Consistently meets deadlines.
· Upward Management: While balancing multiple initiatives, successfully manages expectations with appropriate project owner about capacity, challenges and barriers to success. Is not afraid to ask for help, guidance or feedback.
LICENSURES AND CERTIFICATIONS
· PSP, CPP, PMP, or CSPM certifications are highly desirable.
The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Some travel may be required.
EEO/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
Check out this great video showcasing just some of the fantastic Technology Team broadcasting from our ATX office!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.