Project Manager Team Lead
This position is for an Agile Project Manager Team Lead. The Project Manager Team Lead will manage and lead a small team of project managers while also acting as the Agile Project Manager for one engineering team (3-6 engineers).
As a team lead, you will be a strategic partner for one of our departments within engineering; you will work closely with an Engineering Director and our Product Management team as well as other project managers to figure out how we will accomplish our goals and then execute your plans. You will oversee the work of the project managers on your team to align with company goals.
As a manager, you will lead, mentor, and support your team.
As a leader, you will bring a combination of standard methodologies and innovation to level up our teams and processes to be as effective and efficient as possible while we scale rapidly.
What you’ll do…
- Mentor and lead several other project managers in your group. You will provide leadership both from an execution perspective as well as help others to grow in their careers.
- Work with development teams as a Scrum master or Project Manager to plan projects and deliver high quality features on time. You’ll make sure we are executing on every part of a project, everything from the initial quarterly planning to driving down complex requirements to risk management. Scrum master responsibilities include bi-weekly sprint planning, backlog grooming, status reporting, and retrospectives.
- Partner with an Engineering Director and Product Management to accomplish the goals of multiple teams. Keep track of and report status, raise issues, and ensure effective collaboration between multiple groups.
- Drive organizational change in a fast-growing company. We are always looking to improve the ways we work, and you’ll use your experience and leadership to instill standard methodologies that make us more effective.
- Take on any challenge or task that can help your teams deliver high quality successful features. That might mean facilitating an offsite, running a beta, talking with customers, or things we haven’t thought of yet! You’ll be flexible and able to adapt to the changing nature of our company.
Skills you have…
- Must have: 2+ years experience as a people manager with direct reports
- Must have: 2+ years as a scrum master working with software developers
- 5+ years project management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in technical field is preferred
- PMP Certification (or equivalent experience/knowledge) and Certified Scrum Master Certification preferred.
- You have experience with cross-team collaboration and shown the ability to establish relationships across teams.
- You take initiative to make positive, measurable changes in your organization. You are deeply organized with outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- You are able to quickly learn new things and take on new challenges. You’re flexible and a creative problem solver.
- SaaS experience is a bonus
3 Reasons why you should apply…
- This position will have a hand in crafting the way the team works and delivers software as we continue growing at a rapid pace.
- You’ll be asked to take on new and unknown challenges to support the team - if that interests you, this position may be a great fit
- You put people before process
This job may not be for you if...
- If you're a project manager, but haven't been a scrum master for agile development teams, or if you have had experience as a people manager with direct reports
- If the pace of a fast-moving, growth phase company makes you uncomfortable, or if you need a lot of well-established policies and procedures before you can make decisions and get results, this might not be the best role for you.
- If you’re uncomfortable leading, facilitating, and speaking in front of groups, this may not be a good fit
We are Duo, and we’re here to democratize security for everyone. Our mission is to protect the mission of our customers like Facebook, Twitter, and Etsy by making security simple.
We’re a diverse crew of makers and builders, skaters and coders, filmmakers and DJ’s, teachers and students brought together by a shared belief in adding value to the world. This diversity allows us to bring an empathetic approach to tackle some of the most complex global business and security challenges faced today.
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the distinct contributions that everyone brings in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we urge you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.