We’re an award-winning business, recently voted Best Small Companies in Austin! Brightpearl exists to automate retail so merchants can spend their time and money growing the business.
Brightpearl is designed for retailers and wholesalers and enables omnichannel merchants to manage the heart of their business easily from one single system. Over 1,200 businesses in 26 countries use our platform and we manage over 10m transactions and $3b of business a year. Brightpearl is a cloud platform which typically gets retail businesses up and running in less than 60 days - twice as fast as our competitors. We are increasing our investment across the teams to take us to the next level and we’re looking for proactive self-starters to hit the ground running on our Sales team.
Brightpearl’s US headquarters is in the heart of downtown Austin with a global headquarters in Bristol, UK.
The Project Manager role is responsible for ensuring the Professional Services team deliver high quality software implementation projects to external clients. As a member of this team you will add value throughout the solution scoping stage (employing resource, risk and delivery analysis) and solution delivery stage (ensuring quality delivery standards are met) with a smooth customer handover to the Customer Success and Support teams. An ability to manage diverse teams and balance achievement of customer objectives in conjunction with delivery timelines and budget is essential for success in this role. The role is based in our Austin, Texas office and reports to the Business Consultancy Leader.
Your Day-to-Day Life:
- Act as a point of delivery expertise, inputting to project scopes, involving all relevant client stakeholders to ensure feasibility of delivery
- Ensure accurate resource availability and allocation
- Ensure project portfolio delivery targets are being achieved
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans to track progress
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks report and escalating to management as needed
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Manage projects to ensure delivery on-time, within scope and within budget
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Ensure all the aims of the project are met
- Ensure project quality standards are met
- Use appropriate techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Act as a PM point of expertise for other team members
- Input to the recruitment of specialists and sub-contractors
- Monitor sub-contractors/third parties to ensure guidelines are maintained
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Ensure a process of continuous improvement to drive PM best practice
- Degree educated
- Technical background, with hands-on experience in software implementations
- Experience with Waterfall and/or Agile Project Management
- Proven experience delivering projects to external clients and stakeholders
- At least 3-5 years in a similar role managing software implementation projects
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across, and down multiple business and technology organizations
- Experience working with onsite and remote teams
- Strong multi-tasking and problem solving skills
- Join one of Austin’s Best Places to Work 2018
- Competitive compensation package: salary, stock options, medical benefits, 20 days of annual PTO and 12 Holidays
- Stocked Kitchen with snacks and beer on tap
- Work downtown Austin in an open and vibrant workspace
- Enjoy frequent Company events, team building activities and after hour socials
- We’re an energetic, driven organization who believe in promoting a healthy work-life balance and support remote working with management approval.
Check us out on Built In Austin to get more of an insight on what it’s like to work with us!