HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands.
HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
We are seeking a Project Manager to join our Global Customer Experience team. As a Customer Experience (CE) Project Manager, you will focus on implementing large and small-scale projects that drive the strategic goals of the CE organization. You will work cross-functionally to improve CE productivity and efficiency and do so with a deep focus on overall project execution.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Collaborating with Customer Experience and other business teams to define, launch, and execute various strategic and operational initiatives.
- Understanding the complexities of projects, for multiple brands with impacts to multiple teams located across the globe.
- Simplifying project delivery by removing ambiguity and creating structure for highly complex activities.
- Leading project planning and delivery; including creating the project timeline, requirements, status reports, issues, risks, dependencies, decisions and budget.
- Facilitating meetings with diverse partner groups (kickoff meetings, status meetings, design sessions, issue resolution meetings, etc.)
- Developing project reporting and governance structures, meeting cadences, and review guidelines.
- Ensuring that decisions are consistent with corporate strategies and future expectations.
- Anticipating information needs, identifying gaps and organizing data and communications cohesively and clearly.
- Regularly assess project risks and opportunities to continually drive process improvements.
- Effectively manage change by influencing and communicating with key partners.
- Creating standard processes and promoting consistency through implementation of a toolkit of project management techniques, templates and processes.
You should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Organization. Highly organized with an ability to adapt to changing needs and excellent attention to detail.
- Decision making. Identify issues and problems and challenge the status quo by using facts and data to drive decision-making.
- Problem solving. Accurately assess problems and arrive at appropriate solution.
- Teamwork. Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Passion. Show a real passion for building great customer experiences.
- Execution. Drive and manage scope to prioritize and balance multiple strategic projects with business expertise.
- Proactive. Self starter that can independently initiate and manage project dependencies.
- Communication. Demonstrate excellent verbal, written and presented communications with ability to present to all levels and sizes of audience.
- Negotiation. Ability to influence decisions that need to be made to make the project successful.
- BA/BS degree. MBA or graduate degree in business or technical field a plus.
- 3+ years of project/program management experience with growing levels of responsibility.
- Experience working with in agile and waterfall project management practices.
- Deep knowledge and experience using collaborative project management tools and processes (e.g. JIRA, Smartsheets, Google docs).
- PMP certification or working in a PMO environment preferred.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Parental Leave (up to 20 weeks based on eligibility)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages, including breakfast on Fridays
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.