Project Manager at Civitas Learning
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:29 p.m. (CST) on Monday, March 2, 2020
About Civitas Learning
Civitas Learning partners with universities and colleges dedicated to helping more students learn well and finish strong. We provide tools and services for educators that bring together and make the most of their diverse and disconnected data streams; personalize information and support for their students; and deepen understanding of the impact of their student-success initiatives. Through our work together, our partners are empowering leaders, advisors, faculty, & students—and measurably improving enrollment, persistence, and graduation outcomes.
Today, Civitas Learning has more than 350 colleges and universities as customers, serving nearly 8 million students. Together with our growing community of customers, Civitas Learning is making the most of the world’s learning data to graduate a million more students per year by 2025.
When you join the team at Civitas Learning, you connect with a group of wicked-smart, talented designers, engineers, technologists, scientists, educators, and consultants. You’ll roll up your sleeves and dig in with teams to innovate against the big challenges in higher education. We push, grow, and learn from each other. We’re doing the best work of our lives – it’s hard work to affect change at this scale, but together we are making a meaningful difference. It’s purposeful work… that feels good.
What We Are Looking For
A Civitas Learning Project Manager is efficiency driven, detail-oriented, technically proficient, possesses the necessary business and operational acumen, has excellent written and verbal communication skills and performs as a confident and collaborative team leader.
The Project Manager leads the implementation of our product solutions and is responsible for providing management and oversight end-to-end of the deployment process which includes: planning, organizing, communicating, consulting and serving as a liaison with internal and external stakeholders. The Project Manager maintains records of the project status and key milestones and dates and ensures adherence to appropriate processes and standards by all resources. The Project Manager will apply best practice in project management and technology implementations and will promote and demonstrate a passion for process improvement and service excellence across all projects.
You will be a key enabler for our long-term successful customer relationships. From contract signing to delivery of a solution you pull the strings internally as well as externally, ensuring successful deliveries in terms of scope, time, efficiency, and quality. The position requires weekly contact and coordination with customers and establishing a good and professional ongoing relationship is key to our collective success.
Key Responsibilities Include
- You will oversee all aspects of project management including: setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities and monitoring and summarizing progress on all assigned deployment and integration projects.
- Lead the internal resources through deployment processes including: data access, data mapping, data validation, configuration requirements, asset collection, user acceptance testing, authentication (single sign on, account creation) and project close process.
- Deliver value across the implementation lifecycle through careful planning, risk identification, troubleshooting, and smooth communication along the way.
- Work cross-departmentally to resolve project and customer issues and questions as quickly and effectively as possible, acting as an advocate for the customer to internal teams such as Data Engineering, Data Science and Product.
- Provide status management and reporting to internal and external stakeholders at a variety of executive and staff levels.
- Manage project scope, project milestones, project tasks and key dates within our project management software solution, Clarizen.
- Handle competing priorities across multiple deliveries and functions.
- Build and drive the internal resources and encourage a sense of urgency with customer resources.
- Ensure that risks and dependencies are managed proactively whilst maintaining high pace and quality
- Play a proactive role in the constant improvement of our ways of working along with supporting processes.
Requirements / Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years experience interacting directly with clients/customers in a Professional Services role.
- Ability to set priorities, create project plans, and monitor progress towards goals/activities. Experience leading system implementation projects, ideally with software products is a strong plus.
- Experience working with remote and global resources is a plus.
- Proactively identify and report on risks, issues and dependencies for the project.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing clearly and succinctly, complex design and technical issues, as well as business and product requirements
- Experience with project management software, CRM solutions, and other business tools such as Salesforce, Microsoft Project, Smartsheets, Clarizen, Google Suite and Jira.
- An understanding of database architecture, data warehouse, business intelligence, and confidence conversing in technical SaaS terminology to develop core requirements. Experience with SQL or scripting languages a plus.
- Solid organizational and multitasking skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Consultative approach to problem-solving and excellent judgment.
- Strong process management skills, with the ability to contribute to building new processes and systems desirable.
- Ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels.
- Exceptional problem solving and negotiation skills, with the ability to work across organizational boundaries to drive closure of complex delivery challenges.
- Ability to assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risk of issue presented; make recommendations and/or resolve the issue.
- A positive outlook, and a drive to find creative solutions when working through new challenges; adaptable and flexible approach to ways of working to meet the business needs of a rapidly scaling and constantly evolving organization.
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- PMP certification is a plus.
What you are looking for in your career:
- Being involved with a mission driven company, at the cutting edge of technology.
- An office full of insanely talented, exceptionally smart and driven people.
- Civitas Learning is located in the heart of downtown Austin, directly across from Lady Bird Lake and the Austin Hike and Bike Trail.
- Civitas offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability insurance.
- Sure, it’s great to do social good. But it’s also nice to be rewarded for your talent. Here are a few of the ways we demonstrate how much we value your unique contribution to the company: 401K program, Flexible PTO, Free Snacks & Drinks, Company Bonus Plan, Downtown Austin Parking, Culture & Team Events, Volunteer Days and Activities, Catered Friday Breakfasts
Civitas Learning helps colleges and universities harness the power of their student data to improve student success outcomes. We embed actionable intelligence in workflow tools so higher education can focus their student success strategies, deliver proactive care, inspire holistic advising, and quickly measure what’s working for whom. With our platform, software and services, our customers empower leaders, advisors, faculty, & students to measurably improve enrollment, persistence, and graduation outcomes.
Today, we work with 375 colleges and universities, serving nearly 8 million students. Together with our growing community of customers, we are making the most of the world’s learning data to help graduate a million more students per year by 2025. For more information, visit: www.civitaslearning.com.
Read Full Job Description