PROJECT SUPERINTENDENT/PROJECT MANAGER
Banyan Water is a high growth IoT start-up revolutionizing the way enterprise commercial customers monitor, manage, and mitigate water risk and cost. We call it total water management for the built environment. We are venture backed and growing. Our customer base includes Fortune 500 and leading real estate companies. Banyan Water has an immediate opening for a Project Superintendent/Project Manager. This position reports directly to the Director, IoT Solutions and will be responsible for ensuring that national deployments of meters and communications devices are conducted on time and under budget!
Project Superintendent Objectives:
- Complete projects on time and under budget!
- Create national network of subcontractors and trade partners and effectively communicate desired outcomes.
- Ensure specifications and quality standards are met.
- Ensure that subcontractors are fully executing and complying with contracted scope of work.
- Monitor and coordinate daily activities and progress and as they relate to the project and the schedule.
- Communicate installation progress with property managers and facility managers in a professional manner.
- Communicate status of installations to internal stakeholders using internal reporting tools/software.
- Manage day-to-day project responsibilities from project kick-off calls, equipment shipping, and subcontractor supervision.
- Perform quality control inspections with subcontractors and vendors.
- Supervise and ensure project is being installed to specifications and budget.
- Identify site condition issues and submit reports as required to customers and internal stakeholders.
- Maintain strict compliance to installation schedule and make changes as necessary to ensure deadlines are met.
- Maintain timely communication as required with internal Project Management team and customers.
- Solicit bids for labor, equipment, and materials as required.
- Ability to read and fully comprehend detailed as-built drawings and property irrigation maps .
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Possess a strong work ethic, good organization skills and above all integrity.
- Must be able to self-motivate and motivate subcontractors/vendors.
- Possess a professional demeanor, with ability to maintain good working relationships with peers, supervisors, clients and subcontractors.
- Possess strong negotiating and problem solving skills.
- 5+ years of experience in commercial construction
- Bachelor’s degree in construction science preferred, but not required
- Must be able to read, understand, and communicate plans, specifications, and details
- Tech savvy & computer literate
- Scheduling experience (Microsoft Project)
- Effective leader and team builder
- Critical thinker
- Problem solver
- Effective communicator
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Pushes projects forward
- Customer-service orientation
- Positive, “can-do” attitude
- Health insurance
- Flexible schedule