Purchasing Manager at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2019 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Purchasing Manager to take Procurement from a purchasing function to a strategic sourcing organization, building a corporate change agent by innovating, negotiating, contracting, and improving how we do business. Close interaction and coordination with internal business partners is required. Success will be measured based on ability to learn quickly, prioritize effectively, deliver quantifiable value, keep completion commitments, and overall service to stakeholders.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the build-out of a strategic procurement function, including scoping the opportunity for early wins, building policies to drive change, and building a roadmap for long-term procurement discipline
- Increase capacity for strategic sourcing engagements to improve measurable financial results
- Partner with business and budget owners to serve as a critical team member supporting strategic programs, negotiations, contract management, and other priorities.
- Efficiently conduct supplier negotiations via process driven methodologies (i.e. RFI, RFP, RFQ)
- Serve as lead negotiator for sourcing agreements that result in quantifiable, positive results
- Quantify and calculate financial benefits of negotiations and program deployments suitable for VP Finance approval
- Create and present summary-level results to executive management monthly
- Lead and facilitate RFP’s
- Negotiate and manage contracts and supplier agreements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Advanced expertise with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word is required
- Project management and Six Sigma experiences are differentiators
- A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding, innovative, and proactive individual with a natural bias to take action and deal with ambiguity
- Strong orientation to relationship building, collaboration, confidentiality, and integrity
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external suppliers
- Able to lead and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and assess priorities appropriately
- Competent level of quantitative and analytical skills to build financial business cases that impact annual operating budgets and value delivered per negotiation or project completion
- Skilled in negotiating, managing, and extracting value
- Strategic, analytical, and adept at problem solving
- Demonstrates and maintains a professional and respectful demeanor in all situations
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.