Red Team Manager
CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- October 2018: 100 Best Medium Workplaces Second Year in a Row by Fortune magazine.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
About the Role
The Red Team Manager will lead a team dedicated to performing Red Team activities simulating known threat actor, to help CrowdStrike customers determine the impact and likelihood of threat actor to accomplish objective across the Kill Chain and MITRE ATT&CK Framework. The Red Team Manager is expected to be able to coordinate with senior leadership, plan, and oversee execution of assessments and assist the other CrowdStrike Services’ functions to help improve customers security defense. The Red Team Manager should be capable of supporting, managing, and mentoring less experienced red team members.
- Lead the design, implementation, and delivery of Red Team offerings, including engagement work, reporting, and metrics.
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Red Team.
- Act as a primary contact for coordination of Red Team activities as well as coordinating and leading all penetration testing activities.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships with 3rd party vendors supporting Red Team engagements.
- Develop reporting including mitigations strategies of results of Red Team activities for both management and technical audiences.
- Must be able to effectively communicate at all levels (executive leadership and technical support teams) within CrowdStrike.
- Create and maintain operations, management, and ad hoc reports to monitor the performance of the Red Team.
- Organize resources to perform penetration assessments of operating systems, applications, databases and network infrastructure components to detect, enumerate threats.
- Work with a diverse team and lead/assist in developing and improving an information security program and information security resources.
- Provide guidance using specialized knowledge and toolsets to operational teams during enterprise wide crisis scenarios, e.g. large-scale production service outages, outside of the routine change management process.
- Work with a Sales team to scope new customer engagements.
- Must be able to work as an operator and project manager on various types of penetration testing offerings/
What You'll Need
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Red Team/Penetration Testing activities is highly preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a Leadership role is highly preferred
- Security community participation (conference speaker, tool development contributor, …) is highly preferred
- Advanced experience with Security Assessment Toolsets (Metasploit, NMAP, Cobalt Strike, Nessus, Burp Suite, etc.)
- Comprehensive understanding of the security methodologies, technologies, and best practices
- Windows / Linux / UNIX / Mac operating systems
- Advanced experience with Networking components (routers, switches, load balancers, wireless access points, etc.)
- Comprehensive knowledge of firewalls, proxies, mail servers and web servers
- Advanced experience with operational support for operating systems, applications and networks
- Advanced experience with vulnerability/penetration testing/adversary emulation assessments
- Advanced experience in automation and scripting of applications and systems
- Desirable Certifications: OSCP, GPEN, OSCE, GCIH, GXPN
- Occasional travel may be required (<25%)
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation + stock options
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan (US only)
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industry’s best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.