Austin, TX or Remote USA
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Invitae needs a Scientific Program Manager to help us achieve our mission. The Research Team is a highly skilled cross-functional group of AI engineers and scientists, software engineering, bioinformaticians, and assay development scientists that collaborate with Product, Development, Operations, and Lab Automation teams to drive decision-making and data-driven product development at Invitae. The team leads high-risk/high-impact projects, engages in internal and external collaborations, regularly partners with our executive team, and develops key strategic frameworks for all business areas.
We’re looking for someone that has an “anything is possible” approach. You thrive in a fast paced environment and can make decisions rapidly. You have a solid understanding of what it takes to plan, build, and execute research projects, especially NIH grants. You have a proven track record of success and are motivated to improve healthcare. You are collaborative and enjoy working with a strong team but also can work with minimal direction while delivering high quality results.
What you’ll do:
- Lead research projects that span multiple teams focusing on multi-omic technologies. Invitae Research has a U01 grant with Children’s National Hospital and you will help run and coordinate this multisite effort.
- Work in cross-disciplinary teams with software engineers, bioinformaticians, clinical scientists, commercial partners, and company leadership to ensure our platform meets the needs of internal teams as well as patients and clinicians
- Build capabilities that scale to serve millions of patients a year
What you bring:
- Consistent track record of successful scientific and/or program management
- Strong background in genetics or molecular biology (PhD, MS or equivalent experience)
- Excellent communication, teamwork and organizational skills
- Ability to identify development program bottlenecks, find solutions, and relentlessly push implementation forward
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment on a wide range of projects
- Preferred: Scientific or professional experience working in biotech or grant management
At Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s leading professionals in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. Our teams thrive in our dynamic organization, which has been crafted to empower them to make the biggest impact they can for our patients. We give our employees the ability to explore interests and capabilities broadly within the organization. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility. We also provide excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we’re changing healthcare to change lives. Join us!
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.