Scrum Master (Agile Expert)
ABOUT THIS POSITION
We strive to hire the best engineers – who code to deliver change and improve the world around them. To that end, we need an exceptional agile expert who can partner with the engineering and QA management, as well as our product team, to create an efficient, positive environment to build the best products.
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in Texas. To date, Aceable touts more than 16 million users and counting across all verticals, as it continues to expand adding millions nationwide each year.
Named by the Austin Business Journal as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin in 2017 & 2018 and winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017. Aceable fosters a creative and collaborative culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT YOUR NEW TEAM
At Aceable, you will organize and improve the processes of the team by serving as the agile expert for three different brands, in Austin, Hyderabad, and Oakland. You will ensure timely releases of top-quality code while working with stakeholders to ensure an Aceable experience for everyone, from engineers to customers.
***PLEASE SUBMIT A COVER LETTER WITH YOUR APPLICATION***
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Act as expert in Kanban, Scrum, and agile development for the team
- Ensure timely delivery of work committed to a Kanban board
- Work with Project Management team to ensure inter-team coordination across all Business Stakeholders, Key Users, Product Managers, Architecture/Engineers, Tech Leads, and Infrastructure/Operations
- In charge of all meetings, process and operations including Kanban execution, retrospectives, standups
- Drive and manage estimation resourcing, throughput and cycle time metrics
- Ensure quick resolution and communication of all issues, risks and action items
- Manage release coordination
- Support engineers on a daily basisIdentify where the strengths of teammates can be maximized and provide improvement to team efficiency
- Manage Retrospectives and implementation of process improvements into future cycles for continuous improvement
- Drive other projects as required or as business needs change
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Certified Scrum Trainer, or equivalent experience
- 3 years of professional experience required, with Scrum and/or Kanban
- Very fine attention to details and ability to clarify when there is confusion
- Constant observation of team interactions/dynamics and ability to step in to help sustain vibrant and effective team operations
- Ability to keep team focused, engaged and enjoying their work
- Consistent communication across all stakeholders for follow ups, reminders and notes
- Detail-oriented, resourceful and able to manage shifting priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to positively and effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- An innate desire to help and progress the careers of those around them
- Prior experience supervising the career development and goal attainment of software engineers
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2017 and 2018
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & other activities (Holiday parties, Happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Transportation stipend
- Education stipend
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.
Read Full Job Description