Scrum Master / Project Manager
Datical transforms the way businesses build software with an industry-leading database release automation solution. Our growing list of Fortune 500 customers love us because we enable them to reduce the time it takes to bring their apps to market while eliminating security vulnerabilities, costly database errors, data loss, and downtime.
Our leadership team has a proven track record of technology startup success and understands the benefits of a truly collaborative culture. No punks and no jerks here. We're a passionate team that enjoys delivering technology to empower our customers to deliver better applications, faster. We were named a Cool Vendor by Gartner and just received series C funding. It's a great time to be part of our success story.
What you’ll be doing:
Getting it Done
- Manage development projects in our Agile process.
- Facilitate getting work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Coordinate teams to remove obstacles to project success, and address schedule/scope/quality risk and resource challenges
- Create and maintain project plans and report to team & leadership to ensure project success.
- Generally, facilitate internal and external communication - improve transparency and radiate information
- Identify and remove impediments or guide the team to remove impediments
- Support and educate Product Owners, especially on grooming and maintaining product backlog
- Provide support to the team using a servant leadership style, and leading by example
Doing it Right
- Guide our organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
- Guide the team on how to get the most out of self-organization and filling in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team so you can organize and lead the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace sustainable for a high performing, motivated team
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on problem-solving and results
What we’re looking for:
- 5-7+ years of experience developing software products
- Experience as a Project Manager & Scrum Master for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Proven track record of delivering large, complex development projects with high quality, on time, and on scope
- Experience as an “embedded” member of the development team with sustained success in product delivery
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and improving transparency
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
Education / Certifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- PMP Certification Required
- One of the following certifications required: Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Advanced Certified Scrum Master (A-CSM) or Certified Scrum Professional-ScrumMaster (CSP-SM)