Senior Analyst – Regulatory Affairs at Bright Health
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
We are seeking a senior analyst who will scope, organize, and drive various filings Bright Health must submit to insurance regulators. Candidates should have experience managing complex, multi-faceted projects with many moving parts, experience creating and executing project plans and experience communicating effectively across a variety of internal stakeholders. This position requires the ability to focus on the big picture while still maintaining a high level of attention to detail. The ideal candidate will be motivated, energetic, and self-driven, and be able to successfully partner with multiple departments to meet deadlines and execute quality regulatory submissions.
This position will sit within Bright Health Regulatory Affairs Department and will report to the Regulatory Affairs Director.
- Developing and organizing end-to-end project plans to help business units understand key milestones and ensure timely completion of high-quality regulatory submissions
- Pre-emptively recognizing potential issues, and in conjunction with Regulatory Affairs Director, escalating as appropriate both within and outside of the Regulatory Affairs department
- Securing appropriate reviews from Legal, Compliance, or Regulatory Affairs
- Reviewing and revising documents to present to regulators
- Actively engaging with operational teams throughout the company and providing direction to complete regulatory filings
- Clearly communicating with front-line staff at the relevant state regulatory agencies
- Fulfilling execution timelines required for various regulatory submissions including licensure filings, regulatory compliance filings, etc.
- Other tasks as assigned
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Requires BA/BS degree
- 3-5 years of experience in project management in health plan, large insurer, or regulatory agency preferred
- Ability to obtain information from collaborative departments and design and drive completion of projects
- Experience facilitating meetings and aligning resources to ensure projects and program stays on-scope and on-schedule is required
- Strong documentation skills are required -- can document program execution plans and variances to standard approaches
- MS Office suite skills are required (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, MS Project)
- Experience in and/or certification in a project management 6 Sigma Black or Green Belt, Lean, PDSA, Scrum, etc.) is preferred
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills, facilitation skills, and proficiency with Microsoft Excel or Project.
- Candidates with health insurance experience or insurance regulator experience preferred.
The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Travel may be required.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.