The MongoDB Developer Community Team aims to build an amazing community where all MongoDB users can thrive.
You will be a part of a global team currently based in Sydney, Germany, Belgium, New York, Iowa, and Oregon. We encourage and support remote employees and the majority of the developer community team works remotely.
We are looking for a senior community manager to run and scale up community programs and join and work closely together with our remote, but close knit team.
- You are good at fostering and building relationships both in person and online at scale.
- You are a great communicator with empathy for developers and understand their needs.
- You are a conduit between the company and the community and can discover ways to serve both.
The right candidate for this role will have
- At least 5 years of experience working with online and in person communities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Experience with managing and scaling developer community programs globally.
- Experience with organising and running in person and virtual events.
- Empathy for developers, regardless of skill level.
These are nice to haves
- Experience with databases or other technical or development-related topics is beneficial, but not required.
- Previous remote working experience.
- Experience leading/organizing a user group.
- Be one of the faces and voices representing MongoDB in the developer community.
- Independently own one or more developer community programs, including responsibility for program growth and success.
- Work cross-functionally with our product, marketing, and comms teams on shared goals.
- Develop and execute on timelines, deliverables, and reporting for your program(s) to drive success against team and individual goals.
- Build and execute on strategic plans for growing your programs in target regions around the world.
- Proactively work to develop a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive community environment for members from around the world.
- Attend and speak at online and in-person events around the world.
- Contribute to improvements in internal processes and procedures as our team grows and matures.
- Engage with our community online and in person, responding to forum inquiries and developing new content to better support your programs.
- Attend MongoDB events, as assigned, including our annual conference, MongoDB World, and other MongoDB.local events.
- Take a data driven approach to problem solving.
Within 3 months:
- You're familiar with our developer community programs and our community members.
- You will own at least one developer community program.
- You will start contributing to the general developer community strategy.
Within 6 months:
- You will be owning and participating in multiple developer community programs.
- You will be advising internal stakeholders on how to interact with our community.