Senior Field Associate - Specialty Southwest at Whole Foods Market
Ensures effective execution for various and assigned aspects of Regional / Geographic operations. Directs, coaches
and evaluates implementation of merchandising, operational, food safety, marketing, new store opening, WFMoA, and other programs, processes and projects. Works closely with regional, store, and/or team leadership to communicate program / project objectives, priorities, performance standards, and other parameters. Engages with Team Members as required to ensure proper support of training and new programs.
- Accountable for assigned financial and operational KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) for assigned stores
- Sets expectations, provides support, and ensures effective execution for a range of processes, programs, projects for assigned store teams, including but not limited to merchandising, retail operations, food safety, in-stocks, WFMoA, marketing, and quality assurance
- Ensures enterprise and Regional priorities are consistently executed at store level
- Responsible for coaching and auditing programs and processes and elevating issues to appropriate teams (e.g. retail operations, food safety, merchandising, distribution, inventory/SOT, planogram, WFMoA)
- Establishes performance standards and coaches assigned Team Leaders and Team Members to meet high operational standards.
- Diagnoses business performance and determines action plans to resolve performance issues
- Elevates performance issues as needed and recommends course of action to store and Regional leaders
- Ensures effective coordination of distributor operational management, such as product delivery, delivery schedules, etc.
- Supports the operational execution of opening new stores including but not limited to hiring, scheduling, and department set up.
- Identifies operational best practices and ensures effective documentation, communication, and application.
- Ensures execution of required store-based training for assigned teams
- Monitors operations and provides feedback to Regional leaders and store leaders / teamsregarding sales, labor, merchandising, marketing, promotions, food safety, quality, and team member safety.
- Conducts announced and unannounced store visits.
- As requested, conducts competitive pricing and retail site surveys, communicating findings to leadership.
- Engages with store and regional leadership to understand and communicate wins and opportunities.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of specialty area(s), such as grocery, produce, bakery, etc.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of technical skills associated with assigned specialty area(s).
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of merchandising concepts and practices.
- Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email management, and other office systems.
- Communicates structured information in a clear, concise, and organized fashion.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions in both one-on-one situations and group meetings.
- Listens beyond the spoken words and understands intention, adapting accordingly.
- Ability to work closely and effectively with various stakeholders including Team Members, Team Leaders, and store and regional leadership.
- Leverages multiple internal teams to further program / project objectives.
- May provide informal support to less experienced Team Members.
- Applies analytical skills to evaluate and interpret complex situations.
- Presents problem analysis and recommended solutions in a creative and logical manner.
- Handles a diverse range of issues requiring evaluation of a variety of factors, including business trends.
- Analyzes complex and ambiguous problems.
- Identifies opportunities for process and procedure enhancement to drive efficiency and improve service levels.
- Understands customer, market, and industry trends and emerging challenges.
- Applies business and project understanding to focus project / team efforts.
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of the WFM product mix, supply base, and retail operations.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS degree and 4-6 years’ relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.