Senior IT Project Manager at Bright Health
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
The Senior IT Project Manager who joins our team will be responsible for the rollout of technology capabilities for healthcare clinic expansions within Texas and North Carolina; guiding the team on technology solutions, including end-user technology, networking, and other local clinical needs. This role will be participating in cross-functional strategic IT initiatives to proactively anticipate, identify, and overcome obstacles and drive the team forward. Our IT Project Managers are leaders that deal with ambiguity in a highly matrixed environment, providing structure and an environment of accountability to keep teams focused on achieving agreed project objectives on schedule and within budget.
- Collaborates with Bright counterparts to develop the support model for franchise clinic users.
- Advises on how we might partner to implement within each clinic and provide operational support services.
- Manages different types of projects including infrastructure and application development, solution orchestration and integration, product selection and implementation, upgrades and deployments, and operational efficiency improvements.
- Unites numerous aspects of a proposed solution to create a cohesive and organized plan, motivate resources to execute on that plan, and drive the plan through to its final and committed completion.
- Develops and manages the implementation and roll out plan.
- Brings clarity to project objectives, plans, and deliverables such that conflicts are minimized.
- Develops comprehensive project work breakdown structures and associated schedules, resolving project ambiguities as necessary.
- Utilizes technical depth and proficiency in Software Development Lifecycle to contribute ideas and offer logical analysis when managing complex and creative project solutions.
- Ability to anticipate, track, and clearly articulate risks, changes, opportunities, implications and options, as well as offer sound judgement and recommendations for mitigating program impacting events.
- Produces articulate and proficient written documentation including status reports, correspondences, presentations, illustrations, and reference materials.
- Guides and advises on the technology solution, including end-user technologies, local networking, and other local clinical technology needs.
- Develops and delivers communication strategies that convey status and end-state and ensures stakeholder expectations are set appropriately.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, accounting, finance, or related business field required
- Eight (8) or more years of experience in Healthcare
- Eight (8) or more years of experience in Information Technology program / project management required working on Infrastructure initiatives
- Working knowledge of information technology concepts, practices, and principles to provide a foundation for technology related work required.
- Experience with Vendor Relationship Management preferred.
- Experience working with diagramming tools such as Visio, LucidChart, or others preferred.
- Familiarity with testing processes (test plans, test data, end-to-end, etc.) preferred.
- PMI or PMP certification a plus; ITIL Foundation certification a plus.
- Experience with enterprise-class software systems with external interfaces to third-party systems
- Experience managing both fixed-price and T&M contracts
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office Suite, Jira, and project management tools
- Thorough knowledge of network, telecommunications, collaboration, client, server, storage, network, security, database, and Web technologies is required.
- Experience in Public Cloud Hosting migrations is required, Azure experience a plus.
- Experience with Switching DHCP/DNS, subnetting, multiple routing protocols, switching, firewalls/policy NAT/rules, Spanning Tree, VTP, Power over Ethernet, VoIP, QoS, trunking, VLANs, etc.
- Familiarity with VPNs, VOIP, SIP Trunking, Cisco Wireless Deployments, SD-WAN, Cisco Data Center Switching, Security methodology, Load Balancing, VMware, Citrix and network monitor tools.
- Experience with cloud and SaaS platform-based solutions for corporate use is highly desirable
- Solid understanding of SDLC and experience in leading software development business initiatives
- Solid understanding of and experience managing infrastructure technology projects
- Experience with scrum and other agile development methods is a must
- Solid understanding of SOX compliancy
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute projects cross-functionally including acquisition integrations, new module or system implementations, systems selections and maintenance / hot fix updates
- Business Process Expertise – deep understanding and ability to articulate best practices across core business processes; ability to integrate acquired business into existing business processes
- Systems Implementation – multiple experiences implementing business systems, integrations and managing the process to design, build, test and deploy systems
LICENSURES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Project management certifications are preferred for this role. Project Management Professional (PMP, PMI-ACP) certification, Scrum Master (CSM) certification (Preferred)
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.