Senior Manager, Procurement & Sourcing at Unity Technologies
Inclusion at Unity is driven by one overarching framework: Empathy, Respect, and Opportunity.
At Unity, you’ll make a difference. In a collaborative, fast-growing environment, we’re democratizing development, solving hard problems, and enabling the success of our community.
Come join Unity’s Controllership team! You will be a key member of our Controllership team as we continue to become a world-class finance organization and customer-focused partner in driving business results. Reporting to the Director of Accounting Operations, you will work across Accounting, Finance, Legal, Systems and other operational teams to ensure the financial and operational objectives of the business are met. You will succeed in this role because you are a self-starting leader with strong business partnership skills, exceptional communication, and someone who can roll up their sleeves in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
Be a part of our journey as the leader of Unity’s Sourcing and Procurement team! We are seeking a Senior Manager with strong qualifications in vendor negotiations and procurement operations to further grow and mature our procurement processes, policies, and procedures for our rapidly growing company. Reporting to the Director of Accounting Operations, you will collaborate closely with internal partners across the business to streamline procurement processes and drive more efficient practices across the breadth of Unity.
As a Senior Procurement Manager, you will partner closely together with business leaders, Legal, FP&A and Accounting, IT and others as you and your team improve our Sourcing and Procurement function. You will grow and mentor team members located in San Francisco and Austin. You and your team will be responsible for negotiating and renegotiating a variety of vendor and supplier contracts that enable day-to-day operations at Unity Technologies.
- Establish, communicate and implement long-term goals and policies for the Sourcing and Procurement function in order to promote value, efficiency, and consistency across the organization
- Grow and mentor team members located in San Francisco and Austin
- Identify tools, systems, and partner with the business owners to consolidate and streamline current operations
- Drive continuous improvements for the procure-to-pay process
- Partner with FP&A to ensure contracts and POs fall within departmental budgets and track spend against forecasted needs
- Partner with the Legal team to continue building out our Contract Management and processes
- Work with cross functional teams to achieve Unity Technologies’ business goals
- Experience negotiating professional services, software, facilities, and web services contracts
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate and influence effectively across various departments
- Deep subject matter expertise for best-in-class procurement operations; In-depth knowledge of sourcing and procurement principles and best practices
- Ability to establish the Procurement team’s value and credibility across the organization and run the function as a services business
- Experience with modern sourcing and procurement systems and methodologies
- Familiarity with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements, as well as understanding of standard contractual terms and conditions to mitigate legal risk
- Proficient in Workday and JIRA
- A player/coach who can both directly manage spend as well as mentor/lead a small team in doing so
- Ability to build collaborative relationships across direct team and broader organization
- Strong leadership skills while being able to assess talent and set up your team for success
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.