The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Program Management team is responsible for devising, implementing, and improving the processes (and associated tools) that help MongoDB succeed in everything we do. As a Senior Program Manager, you’ll sit at the intersection of every business unit and be responsible for delivering critical data to stakeholders across the entire company. This particular role will work with Data Engineering and Data Architecture teams within the Technical Operations org to deliver a best-in-class internal data platform for analytics and data science.The right candidate for this role will be
- Experienced with 3-4 years working for software or technical organizations, with experience leading a team and delivering projects on schedule
- Experienced with at least 2 years working with a data lake, data warehouse, or in business intelligence
- Able to maintain a strategic view of our data engineering process even while executing on the minutiae of everyday development
- Skilled at communicating across a diverse set of engineers and their partners
- Hyper-organized and capable of prioritizing all of the data associated with projects and task-tracking
- Knowledgeable of and experienced with implementing Agile/Scrum best practices
- Inspired to identify and innovate in areas where automation can replace manual work
- Driven by an attuned sense of priority and urgency
- Able to appreciate the engineering concepts being discussed, allowing them to facilitate discussion and flesh out the details required to ensure successful delivery
- Trained in working with project tracking software (JIRA)
- Proven prioritization capabilities, with the ability to break down work into manageable parts while effectively assessing the priority and time required for completion
- Design and improve the processes and tools that drive our Data Engineering (Pipelines and Platform) and Data Architecture teams
- Act as the glue between Engineering and Product to prioritize the team's backlog and plan its release roadmap
- Facilitate communication with other teams, and ensure that roadmaps are aligned
- Recognize patterns in a sea of information and take action accordingly
- Identify risks to our releases, mitigating them where possible and communicating them when not
- Constantly expand your knowledge into new domains, and demonstrate your experience to drive success
- In 3 months you’ll have fully ramped on PMO and Data teams’ processes
- In 6 months you’ll have taken complete ownership of executing those processes
- In 12 months you’ll have identified areas for process improvement across Technical Operations
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.