Senior Project Manager – Amherst Residential
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
Amherst is hiring for an experienced Senior Project Manager who enjoys wearing multiple hats of responsibility and thrives in hyper fast paced environments. In this role you have a variety of duties in support of our Amherst Residential team including; coordinating and managing operational projects, scope development, project plans and execution of deliverables.
- Provides leadership and project management for assigned projects.
- Has responsibility for leading and managing through all phases of assigned project life cycle to include all relevant work streams such as: project concept vetting, business case development, goal setting, requirements gathering and scope development, project plan and schedule development, execution and closure activities.
- Ensures appropriate project documentation is developed and maintained throughout the life of the project and after project closure. Documentation may include: project charter, project requirements, design documentation, financials, project plan and schedule, communications plan, meeting minutes, risk management plan, issue management, change management and other project specific operational documents.
- Schedules and leads meetings for all phases of assigned project life cycles.
- Prepares presentation as needed for project committee, key stakeholder and internal department meetings.
- Tracks and manages project progress, performance and variance issues from concept to closure. Escalates any project-related concerns, issues, and risks to senior leadership and executives. Develops plan recommendations for issue resolution and risks’ mitigation.
- Collaborate with senior leadership, department leads and team members to anticipate and mitigate potential risk items and to set project priorities to meet tight deadlines.
- Coordinates and balances multiple projects effectively in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting hyper-sensitive deadlines.
- Complete ad-hoc projects as assigned by senior executives.
- 5-7 years of Project Management experience, most recently in a fast-paced environment in construction, real estate or other high-growth firms.
- PMP certification required
- Proven experience in managing and executing complex projects across an enterprise matrix organization using Waterfall and Agile project management methodologies.
- Ability to produce high-quality project documents and messaging, facilitate project internal and external communications, ensure all project stakeholders are kept informed based on project communication plan, accurately communicate project status, risks and issues to company and customer leadership
- Working knowledge and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, JIRA and Confluence, and Microsoft Project (or equivalent Project Management software)
- Strong communications skills; ability to effectively interact with a diverse group of technical and functional teams as well as senior and executive leadership
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern workspace with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!