Senior Project Manager - IT at Q2
Named one of Austin’s fastest-growing companies and one of the best places to work for 10 consecutive years, Q2 offers our employees a culture fueled by engaged, motivated, and dedicated team members. We’re dedicated to our mission: to build strong and diverse communities by strengthening their financial institutions. We do it with our purpose-driven culture, and by helping banks and credit unions stand apart in their communities.
We are looking for a smart, passionate, and experienced Sr. IT Project Manager to join our Hosting Enablement Team. This team plans, coordinates and oversees all aspects of IT projects from initiation to delivery of business aligned solutions. Are you a self-motivated leader who is confident, authentic, flexible, resilient? Do you enjoy the thrill of a fast-paced environment? If so, then Q2 wants you!
If you were working for us today, you would be:
· Managing multiple large scale and complex IT projects with cross-departmental resources
· Leveraging higher-level strategic leadership skills to align stakeholders and team members on what we are trying to solve and why
· Ensure project methodology delivers clear value not just completion of work
· Prioritize portfolio to balance demands and available resources
· Challenge roadmap and drive clarity, assumptions, and dependencies
· Launch new and recover existing projects via effective return-to-green strategies
· Partner with and escalate to IT resource managers to drive on-time delivery, minimize risks and issues, identify ways to accelerate / recover deliverables, and complete within budget.
· Effectively communicating status updates and challenges to various audiences
· Own all IT related announcements and communications according to assigned projects
· Determine how project results will be measured and complete post project evaluations
The things you will need to be successful in this role:
· A fantastic sense of humor, and the natural ability to lead and influence without direct authority
· Experience facilitating tough conversations and testing for understanding
· Skill balancing planned / unplanned work and multi-tasking in a very fast-paced environment
· Proficiency at distilling a clear message and delivering crisp communication both verbally and in writing at all levels of the organization
· Real-world experience driving complex system and process integrations, technology roadmaps and managing programs and / or portfolios
· Thrives in ambiguity and challenges the norms
· A calm, diplomatic demeanor and a cooperative nature even in stressful situations
· Super high attention to detail and exceptional follow-through skills
· The ability to run projects effectively using Waterfall, Kanban, and Agile Methodologies
· Lean Six Sigma, PMP and/or Agile Certification and/or Scrum Master Certification
· Strong proficiency in tools such as Microsoft Office Suite, Visio, PowerBI, Project Online, Confluence and Jira
At Q2, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that fosters mutual respect for our employees and the communities we serve. Q2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.