Senior Project Manager - Scrum Master at Expedia Group
Vrbo is looking for a Senior Project Manager or Scrum Master to join The Brand team, which includes Brand Strategy, Project Management, Creative and Production. This critical role will lead Project Management and have a direct impact on overseeing day-to-day project flow for a working group of project managers who are running cross-functional initiatives to ensure we meet our goals for both velocity and quality of deliverables. The Senior Project Manager will support overall business success by organizing the team, process and day-to-day of project work flows to deliver work on time and on budget. This role will work alongside leaders in marketing, brand strategy, creative and production.
- Lead the Brand Team’s project management function ensuring there is defined and consistent process, documentation and workflow for each initiative that touches the Brand Team.
- Oversee a team of Project Managers ensuring all PMs are supported and have clear direction to deliver initiatives against goals, deliverables and timings.
- Steward day-to-day project management of multiple concurrent projects, serving as a daily point of leadership for the cross-functional partners and the Brand Team, moving work successfully through a sprint cycle and/or project lifecycles.
- Ensure the soundness of a creative project through reporting, project tracking, resource needs identification and analysis.
- Partner with Brand Team leadership and management to support and evangelize our Agile Marketing process.
- Utilize team feedback, retrospectives, and metrics to identify areas of opportunity and work with your team to continuously improve.
- Integrate Agile principles into Brand Team development practices and Trello or Jira administration
- Define, lead and steward processes for intake, briefing and management of projects, and for the management of partner communications, third-party vendors, outsourcing and reporting.
- Partner with assigned marketing owners to establish and manage a sprint backlog, driving internal partner engagement and prioritization.
- Proactively provide risk management and contingency plans throughout sprints and projects.
- Constructively and effectively negotiate sensitive issues with functional and cross-functional team members within a project team.
- 7+ years of experience as a Project Manager or Scrum Master in a digital marketing environment. Bonus points for creative agency experience combined with a technical mindset.
- Strong process orientation with a demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams helping them work smarter and move faster.
- Have the ability to influence without authority
Critical Success Factors:
- Impeccable project management skills and is successful at both creating and implementing new process, behavior and ways of working.
- Strong communication skills, written, verbal and visual; Able to define clear ways of working that others can easily follow.
- Disciplined but not rigid.
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to build structure and process across cross-functional teams.
- High-performance orientation with an appreciation for working smarter, not harder.
- Practiced in servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement and empowerment.
- Optimistic. Maintains positive energy that inspires those around you.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.