Whole Foods Market attracts people who are passionate—about great food, about the communities they live and work in, about how we treat our planet and our fellow humans—and who want to bring their passion into the workplace and make a difference. The Whole Foods Market Tech Team is looking for people who also want to bring their expertise and passion for technology to drive innovation and support Whole Food’s strategic vision.
The Enterprise Workday Technology Services team is seeking an Agile Coach / Scrum Master. We are looking for an experienced Agile Coach / Scrum Master to help will organize, mentor, and guide our team to figure out the best solutions for their specific team and process challenges. You will analyze the team’s existing processes and implement improvements to help streamline and create efficiencies. Ultimately, you will play a key role in the long-term strategy across, helping our teams to deliver better products in a faster, more efficient manner.
- Be responsible for the team's adoption and practice of agile methods - coach team on practicing core Agile principals such as collaboration, transparency and delivering according to business value
- Work with teams to analyze current systems and processes and design a strategy for the adoption of agile best practices
- Guide teams to help them stay on track with agile techniques, fine-tuning approaches as needed to ensure the overall strategy is being met
- Lead agile workshops and ceremonies
- Promote and advocate a culture of continuous improvement, setting goals and milestones and being accountable for them
- Drive cultural change by championing an agile mindset and ensure the organization is at the forefront of industry best practices
- Own, measure, and publish team metrics to facilitate ongoing process improvements
- Track, resolve and escalate process impediments
- Facilitate conversations, process changes, and technical solution using a variety of facilitation tools and techniques
- Coordinate the production and publication of team’s content for program review documents for leadership
- Conduct regular team health surveys and identify opportunities for improving team happiness
- Scrum Coach certification
- Scrum Master certification
- Software development lifecycle experience, and experience as a Scrum Master/coach with development and support teams – specifically in the Enterprise Business systems area
- Experience creating and executing on communication plans for incidents, and for projects
- Confidence and experience to play a proactive role in process development and tool evaluation to help drive the definition and enhancement of Agile project management
- Demonstrated experience driving Agile ceremonies, such as daily stand-up, backlog grooming, and sprint planning.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor team members in various areas of Agile and serve as an Agile proponent throughout organization
- Must be a team-player with the ability to work within a highly collaborative environment
- Strong communication skills: ability to interact with business users, maintain productive working relationships with other IT teams and executive leadership
- Ability to work in a decentralized IT environment and embrace the ambiguity that sometimes accompanies this model
- Strong facilitation skills
- Knowledge of Atlassian Suite products (Jira, Confluence, Portfolio) preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Products (SharePoint, Excel, Teams, Office) preferred
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.