Senior Software Program Manager at Invitae
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
We are looking for a senior software program manager that will enable our product teams to deliver new In Vitro Diagnostic and Research Use Only products to market. You will drive the adoption of program management and project management tools, including Jira, Jira Align, SmartSheets and Confluence. You will plan and oversee the implementation of agile practices, specifically enabling implementation of Scrum elements. This role will have responsibility for managing overall performance of the software team, identifying improvement opportunities and bringing selected improvements into implementation.What you’ll do:
- Develop integrated software program roadmaps, development and delivery plans
- Responsible for overall program delivery performance across a portfolio of many projects
- Provide actionable insights into the program status, progress, risks, and value
- Report, share and identify opportunities around program metrics and Objectives and Key Results
- Champion best practices to ensure that the scope, business case, objectives and success metrics for projects/programs/portfolios are well defined, understood, measured and reported effectively
- Facilitate efficient resource allocation within the software program
- Develop and implement effective budget management and project intake methods for the software program
- Support the implementation of standard project and business management processes and tools
- Improve operations by conducting effective program Inspect & Adapt and continuous improvement events
- Ensure that cross-functional team leads have a clear understanding of roles and responsibilities for planning and delivering project, goals, deliverables, and issues
- Review, understanding, and compliance with Invitae HIPAA Security policies and procedures
- Safeguarding the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data
- Processing and handling of European Union personal data only as directed by Invitae for purposes of personalized molecular pathology
- 6+ years of Program Management experience leading cross-functional software programs
- 3+ years of experience in improving software practices, including implementation of agile methods on software projects
- 3+ years of experience leading software teams that use the Scrum Framework
- Proven ability to coordinate multifaceted projects, including multitasking, scope management, resolving difficult issues, resource management and timeline management
- Demonstrate ability to work within a commercial environment and influence with and without authority in a cross functional role
- Drive and determination
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Understanding of design controls and diagnostic approval process from concept to submission.
- High energy, self-motivated, approachable and articulate teammate.
- Demonstrates strong leadership capabilities
- Preferred: Experience in healthcare IT, the diagnostic industry or the pharmaceutical industry
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance