Senior Specialist - Project Management at Ascension
We are hiring a full-time Senior Specialist - Project Management.
This is a remote opportunity.
Be a part of a growing team transforming health care using data, analytics, and modeling. Ascension Data Science Institute #ADSI, a department within Ascension Health, is looking for talent to grow their Project Management skills into a full-time career. Joining the team would allow you to gain valuable experience and document hours needed towards accreditation in Project Management and Agile Methodology.
At Ascension, we want all associates to contribute to Mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit embodied with the Mission Statement: Service to the poor - Support the cause of those who lack resources for a reasonable quality of life, Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life, Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership, Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship, Creativity - Courageous Innovation, and Dedication - Affirming hope and joy in our ministry.
What You Will Do
As a Senior Specialist-Project Management, you will be asked to lead projects and work efforts that impact how the team will help transform health. The project management team within ADSI has established a project management group and created a standardized process.
Essential Qualities for a Senior Specialist-Project Management role:
- Versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure
- Has a desire to solve problems and use critical thinking skills
- Accepts that barriers will happen and works to remove barriers setting the team up for success
- Willing to navigate a highly matrixed organization and do it effectively
- Values communication as a key element to the success of any project; written, oral, presentations, persuasive, and listening to understand
As a Senior Specialist-Project Management your key responsibility includes:
- Develop project goals, scope, objectives, and schedule to align with defined business strategy
- Builds relationships with members of the project team, stakeholders, and sponsors
- Preparing and distributing progress reports, manage risks and issues, correct deviations and perform delivery planning for assigned projects
- Define project budget and monitor and adjust plan as resources or requirements change
- Supporting policies, procedures and standards for integration, maintenance, governance and dissemination as well as enforcement of security and privacy requirements
- Practice agile Scrum and Kanban methodology when possible and when needed transition waterfall methodology
- Assisting in project team development and hold project team members accountable for commitments, remove roadblocks/impediments
Encourage Candidates to apply with technical skills in the following areas:
- Google Office suite
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 1 year of experience required.
- 4 years of experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
- 2-5 years of project management work experience
Physical Demand / Work Environment:
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Able to participate in via web camera for individual and team meetings, training sessions, presentations, and general company meetings
- Limited travel may be required
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.