Senior Strategic Change Manager at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Strategy & Analytics, we are looking to hire a Senior Change Manager with business and technical program management skills to oversee the execution of key growth efforts.
You will be a key leader in a supporting role driving change in partnership with a highly collaborative cross-functional group on BIGC’s most strategic initiatives. This person will oversee program plans, anticipate bottlenecks, track risks, coordinate go-to-market activities, and oversee report outs. With a servant leader’s mindset, you will quantify the impact of tradeoffs and surface a perspective that balances business and revenue needs with technical constraints to drive the leadership team towards decisions. You will liaise with technical project managers to rollup, track, and report on program impact. If you love solving problems, building scalable structure, influencing cross-functional collaboration and are motivated by strategic, complex, high value growth initiatives that help a business scale, this opportunity could be for you.What You’ll Do:
- Engage with many stakeholders across the company, evangelizing the team and the program, building exceptionally strong partnerships with decision makers, and helping identify key pinch points in the roadmap and resourcing plans. Key stakeholders include:
- Business Development, Product, Engineering, and Technical Program Management Leaders will be your primary stakeholders and collaborative partners
- Director of Program Management for Product & Engineering plus key program managers to align various technical milestones with business objectives / revenue in a single program tracker / readout format
- Executive leadership to provide updates on the program
- Revenue Operations and Product Marketing to ensure vision and business requirements are being scoped appropriately and delivered
- Finance and Strategic Operations for alignment with resource plans and revenue impact expectations
- Go-To-Market team leads to ensure implementation plans are aligned, within budget, and timed appropriately
- Immediately develop a deep understanding of the program, roadmap milestones, engineering’s technical delivery requirements, and risks.
- In partnership with TPMs, apply project management skills to be hands-on in driving teams towards milestone deliveries across all associated projects, and manage all business aspects of the program such as project/lane planning, go-to-market planning, risk management, communication, and implementation planning.
- Financial aptitude and planning skills will allow this person to seamlessly translate financial plans, business requirements, and technical requirements to risks and opportunities.
- Provide leadership and perspective to drive stakeholders in decisions for ambiguous situations. Problem solve, make project decisions, and identify innovative solutions to project deadlocks to resolve issues and constraints through consensus and sound judgment.
- Maintain alignment with technical program / project managers as they drive teams towards achieving tactical goals.
- Apply continuous improvement methodologies to analyze, understand, and improve existing processes and workflows.
- Proactively communicate program expectations, progress, issues, risks etc to team members, executives, and impacted departments in a timely and clear fashion.
- Build control mechanisms to track project/program milestones, dependencies and deliverables, compile project/program status reports, and coordinate project/program schedules using project management tools & systems.
- Apply change management and continuous improvement methodologies to analyze and understand existing processes and workflows.
- Display end to end program/project readouts inclusive of technical objectives and create anticipation of what is to come for our front line stakeholders
- 8+ years of experience in a fast-paced environment with a deep understanding for how to manage a product through its complete lifecycle to deliver quality milestones on schedule, scope, and budget; with several years of that experience in a technology/e-commerce organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical field with equivalent combination of technical or business-related work experience.
- Certified PMP or similar certification, or in the process of receiving certification.
- Strong business and technical vision.
- Have a strong owner’s mindset with a deep willingness to support the vision established by the strategy leaders
- Proven track record of building strong relationships with stakeholders, leading large cross-functional software projects across teams, and delivering quality milestones on schedule, scope, and budget.
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying business feature requests and technical resource requirements.
- Ability to roll up sleeves and operate as an individual contributor when needed to get the job done; at the same time, be able to guide a team toward an objective.
- Strong judgment, especially relevant in balancing long term strategic investments with near term business goals.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with developers, business owners, and senior business leaders.
- Proven in-depth knowledge of project/program management disciplines (e.g. PMBOK, Schedule, Scope, Quality, HR, Communications etc.,), agile development, process improvement/quality certifications are required (e.g. PMP, ScrumMaster, Lean or Six Sigma)
- Deep proficiency in Salesforce, Jira, PRMs is a plus