Senior Technical Program Manager, Marketing Platforms at Cloudflare (Austin, TX or Remote)
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Role
Marketing Technology & Platforms team enables marketers to effectively market and sell its services at scale, and is a highly critical function at Cloudflare. The Technical Program Manager is responsible for gathering and synthesizing business requirements across the Global Marketing team, translating them into technical implementation plans, and driving the rollout if necessary. The primary focus of this role will be Adtech / Martech vendor evaluation & integration, web platform enhancement, and customer data platform implementation.
This individual will collaborate with broad cross-functional teams such as analytics, digital campaign management, engineering, product, strategic events, and legal. We’re looking for an exceptional problem solver, an empathic communicator, and an individual who excels at both strategic roadmap design and tactical execution.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to define business requirements & rules related to multitouch attribution, anonymous user to contact to account matching, and digital activation channel vendor data ingestion & stitching.
- Drive roadmap for continuous enhancement of our key web platform components, including but not limited to: CMS, A/B testing, cookie consent & privacy management, tag management, online chat, virtual events, etc.
- Partner with Product and Engineering to plan & execute on marketing data platform roadmap and web infrastructure roadmap. Deliver new digital capabilities and functionalities.
- Design and lead marketing technology training classes for global marketers. Proactively identify and address usability gaps.
- Lead special projects to evaluate new vendors and assess systems integration requirements as needed. Communicate project milestones, status updates, and prioritization trade-off decisions.
- Collaborate with Procurement, Security, and Legal to refine marketing vendor evaluation and renewal process. Reduce turn-around time while maintain the highest standards of security and compliance.
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- 8+ years of experience in technical program management at medium to large scale global technology companies, preferably with both B2B SaaS and B2C ecommerce business models.
- Hands-on experience in managing enterprise grade CDP, CRM, CMS, web analytics, tag management, and related web technology ecosystem to support B2B digital marketing, inbound marketing and B2C ecommerce.
- Demonstrated track record in leading large scale technical projects involving culturally and geographically diverse cross-functional stakeholders with varied technical competence level.
- Deep domain knowledge in the rapidly changing digital advertising technology landscape, web security threat landscape, and online privacy regulatory environment.
- Strong technical aptitude, exceptional strategic thinking and communications skills, and keen ability to recognize, measure, and mitigate risks.
- BA/BS degree; Master degree in a technical field or PMP certification preferred.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
184.108.40.206: We released 220.127.116.11 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.