Senior Technical Program Manager
Are you team oriented, focused on outcomes and passionate about continuous improvement? We are seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager to join our product engineering organization and help us ensure a superior traveler experience in the vacation rental marketplace. As the scrum master for a product delivery team, you will be asked to draw on your industry expertise and agile experience to help the team focus on process improvement and predictable incremental delivery.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with the product managers to understand and communicate the product requirements, documented as JIRA stories in the product backlog
- Communicate progress and outcomes to leadership and provide visibility into sprint plans, backlogs, and roadmap milestones
- Work closely with the platform architects and development leads to ensure the implementation follows the technical vision and utilizes our marketplace platform architecture
- Focus on continuous improvement, promote an agile mindset, and capitalize on agile coaching opportunities
- Fill the scrum master role, facilitating scrum or kanban ceremonies
- Drive retrospectives, helping the team respond to change and evolve their agile practices as needed
- Urge data-driven decisions within the team
- Actively identify and remove roadblocks for the team
- Coordinate with other scrum masters in recurring scrum of scrums
Who You Are:
Working with our team requires a unique blend of business acumen, technical skills, and a growth mindset. You are the glue that holds the team together as well as the lubricant that encourages discussion and minimizes friction. You have a healthy appetite for data and a scientific mindset that drives hypotheses validated by data.
- 5 years of Program/Project Management experience in a technology company, preferably in a B2C e-commerce environment
- 3 years of experience driving agile software development experience with 2 years in a scrum master role
- Demonstrated ability to help teams continuously improve
- High level of initiative, passion, and desire to create an extraordinary user experience for customers
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including presenting complex concepts to engineering and non-engineering partners
- Able to present to large internal groups and leadership team members
- Understanding of N-Tier software development architectures, relational and NoSQL databases, and cloud architecture
- Experience as a Business Analyst (BA) and/or Developer in engineering software environments is a plus
- BA/BS required preferably in Computer Information Systems, Business Administration or related fields (applicable experience may be substituted)
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
About HomeAway: HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.