Senior Technical Program Manager at Procore Technologies
What if you could use your program management skills to help develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Senior Technical Program Manager to join us on our journey to revolutionize a historically under-served industry.
In the Sr. Technical Program Manager role, you’ll work closely with autonomous P&T (product and technology) teams to drive engineering programs to their victory conditions by focusing on tactical organization, process improvement, communication, and situational awareness. You’ll drive efficiency by ensuring teams are focused and aligned, removing impediments, facilitating transparency, and driving continuous improvement.
This position reports to the Manager, Technical Program Management Group, and can be based remotely anywhere in the U.S., or in any one of our offices in the U.S.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate and organize large and complex engineering projects involving multiple teams
- Leverage an understanding of Agile, Kanban, and other Lean methodologies to increase team efficiency
- Help teams identify and define victory conditions, key milestones, risks, and dependencies; help teams define and operationalize execution plans
- Organize and facilitate team and project meetings, ensure that meetings remain focused and efficient and that key decisions and action items are captured and well communicated
- Maintain a birds-eye-view of large and complex technical projects; ensure that conflicting priorities or approaches are brought into the open and resolved or escalated promptly
- Work with other TPMs to ensure the group has a broad understanding of what the rest of the organization is doing; identify potential duplication of effort, conflicts, and synergies between project teams
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of experience managing projects at a technology company specifically involving software development
- Experience organizing technical projects, preferably for a SaaS company
- Familiarity with Agile, Kanban, and Lean methodologies
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to liaise effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to coordinate work between different groups, facilitate meetings and work break out sessions between highly autonomous groups
- Bachelors degree preferred, or equivalent work experience
If you'd like to stay in touch and be the first to hear about new roles at Procore, join our Talent Community.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: generous paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.