Senior Technical Project Manager (HR) at BigCommerce
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
Do you thrive at leading cross-functional teams? Have you mastered continuously improving and leading Agile software development teams and enjoy the challenge of working in a fast-paced space like e-commerce? Are you a go-getter who loves to get stuff done and passionate about delivering value to end-users? If so, BigCommerce has an exciting full-time opportunity for someone like you!
BigCommerce, is seeking a Senior Technical Project Manager that will with our global HR team.
You will work within a global PMO that leads projects/programs across the company, from Product Development to Infrastructure to Marketing & Sales and everywhere in-between. You’ll be collaborating with both internal customers and external partners to help define and execute our HR roadmap.
BigCommerce is a product company, headquartered in Austin, Texas, and has offices in San Francisco, California, Sydney, Australia and London, England.
We are the world's leading cloud ecommerce platform for established and rapidly-growing businesses. Combining enterprise SaaS functionality, an open platform, and an app ecosystem, BigCommerce enables businesses to grow online sales with less cost, time and complexity than on-premise software. BigCommerce powers B2B and B2C ecommerce for more than 60,000 brands, 2,000+ mid-market businesses and 30 Fortune 1000 companies, including Assurant, Ben & Jerry's, Paul Mitchell, Skullcandy, Sony, and Toyota.What You’ll Do
- Drive multiple simultaneous technical projects from start to finish and deliver value to our internal partners
- Run daily activities of scope management, project, roadmap and resource planning, progress tracking, proactive risks and issues management, cross-functional/stakeholder and leadership communication.
- Provide cross-functional insight into status, resourcing needs, budget burn-down, dependencies, dates and blocking issues for projects/programs.
- Demonstrate stellar partner management and executive presentation skills
- Create and carry out cross-functional accountability across all business and technical groups & levels using soft and hard levers.
- Lead and encourage your teams; influence everyone around you.
- Collaborate with colleagues within our PMO and across all other functions.
- Apply your hard-earned experience to creatively solve for the desired shared outcome each and every day.
- Make the most of your chops to work with technical and not-so-technical counterparts.
- Contribute to our company culture and collective intelligence.
- 5+ years of proven experience as a technical project manager leading medium to large projects with preferred experience in:
- HRIS Implementation
- Large scale Technology Platform consolidation projects
- Project management, Agile development, process improvement/quality certifications are a plus (e.g. PMP, ScrumMaster, Lean or Six Sigma).
- Proven in-depth knowledge of PMBOK project/program management fields
- You have experience using a variety of tools like JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheets and G Suite.
- Dedicated. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow-through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, very creative and constantly providing ideas to optimise the process.
- Fun. You're a charismatic people-person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, confident, and excited to help build something fantastic.
- Pragmatic. You know the awesomeness and downfalls of Agile, waterfall, and other philosophies & methodologies - and know what to apply for each situation.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- Positive. You know that when like-minded, dedicated colleagues put their minds to achieving high-reaching goals, great things happen. You bring that positivity & demeanor to everything you do.
- Problem Solver. You use logic, as well as inventiveness, to make sense of a situation and come up with a thoughtful solution.
- Scrappy. You have a highly developed and entrepreneurial aim to get things done in a fast paced environment where things can (and do!) change quickly, priorities compete, and you may not always have all of the details upfront. Nothing gets by you.
- A utility player. You're willing to help out wherever needed.
(This is a remote position and the ideal candidate will reside in Austin, Texas or any major city in the United States)
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.