BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, is seeking a Senior Technical Project Manager to work with our local Corporate IT teams and global stakeholders.
You will be part of a global PMO that leads projects/programs across the company, from Product Development to Infrastructure to Marketing & Sales and everywhere in-between. You’ll be collaborating with both internal customers and external partners to help define and execute our global IT roadmap.
BigCommerce is a product company, headquartered in Austin, Texas, and has offices in San Francisco, California, Sydney, Australia and London, England.
We are the world's leading cloud ecommerce platform for established and rapidly-growing businesses. Combining enterprise SaaS functionality, an open platform, and an app ecosystem, BigCommerce enables businesses to grow online sales with less cost, time and complexity than on-premise software. BigCommerce powers B2B and B2C ecommerce for more than 60,000 brands, 2,000+ mid-market businesses and 30 Fortune 1000 companies, including Assurant, Ben & Jerry's, Paul Mitchell, Skullcandy, Sony, and Toyota.What You’ll Do
- Drive multiple simultaneous projects from start to finish and deliver value to our internal stakeholders
- Manage daily activities of scope management, project, roadmap and resource planning, progress tracking, proactive risks and issues management, cross-functional/stakeholder and leadership communication.
- Provide cross-functional visibility into status, resourcing needs, budget burndown, dependencies,dates and escalations for projects/programs.
- Demonstrate stellar stakeholder management and executive presentation skills
- Create and enforce cross-functional accountability across all business and technical groups & levels using soft and hard levers.
- Lead and inspire your teams; influence everyone around you.
- Collaborate with colleagues within our PMO and across all other functions.
- Apply your hard-earned experience to creatively solve for the desired shared outcome each and every day.
- Make the most of your chops to work with technical and not-so-technical counterparts.
- Contribute to our company culture and collective intelligence.
- 5+ years of experience as a technical project manager leading medium to large technology projects such as
- JIRA Implementation
- HRIS Implementation
- SIEMs Implementation
- MS Office and G-Suite Migrations
- Large scale Technology Platform consolidation projects
- Experience with ITIL, ITSM and ITGC will be highly regarded
- Project management, Agile development, process improvement/quality certifications are a plus (e.g. PMP, ScrumMaster, Lean or Six Sigma).
- Proven in-depth knowledge of PMBOK project/program management disciplines
- You have experience using a variety of tools like JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheets and G Suite.
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow-through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly providing ideas to optimise the process.
- Fun. You're a charismatic people-person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome.
- Pragmatic. You understand the awesomeness and downfalls of Agile, waterfall, and other philosophies & methodologies - and know what to apply for each situation.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- Positive. You know that when like-minded, talented colleagues put their minds to achieving ambitious goals, great things happen. You bring that positivity & attitude to everything you do.
- Problem Solver. You use logic, as well as imagination, to make sense of a situation and come up with an intelligent solution.
- Scrappy. You have an innate, scrappy and entrepreneurial drive to get things done in a fast-moving environment where things can (and do!) change quickly, priorities compete, and you may not always have all of the details upfront. Nothing gets by you.
- A utility player. You're willing to help out wherever needed.