Social Media Program Manager, Developer Community at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) And MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build outstanding apps that people use every day. We are the top tier modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The MongoDB Developer Community Team seeks to build an amazing community where all MongoDB users can thrive.
You will be a part of a global team currently distributed across the United States, Europe, and Australia. We encourage and support remote employees and the majority of the developer community team works remotely.
We are looking for a social media manager to lead social media strategy for our developer community audience.
- Strong experience encouraging and establishing relationships both in person and online at scale
- Great communication with appreciation for developers and understand their needs
- You are a conduit between the company and the community and can discover ways to serve both
- You are organized and can handle your own time effectively
The right candidate for this role will have
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Experience with managing and scaling a social program
- Experience working with common social media channels for both paid and organic growth campaigns
- A community-first approach
- Compassion for developers, regardless of skill level
- Proficient in English language, both written and verbal
These are nice to haves
- Previous remote working experience
- Experience leading a social media program at a corporate level
- Experience as a developer
- Build productive, cross-functional relationships and work collaboratively to understand shared goals
- Think strategically to build campaigns that reach our target audience across multiple channels and platforms
- Prioritize initiatives that help drive our organizational goals
- Be one of the faces and voices representing MongoDB in the developer community
- Work independently to drive success in your initiatives
- Identify, develop, and execute on initiatives from beginning to end, including establishing timelines, deliverables, and reporting on business impact for your program
- Attend MongoDB events, which may include both domestic and international travel, once it’s safe to do so again
- Advise the rest of the developer relations organization on social strategy to most effectively reach our developer audience at scale
Within 3 months
- You're familiar with our developer community programs and our community members
- You’re familiar with our internal organizational structure and your key partners
- You’re familiar with the tools we used to lead our social presence
- You’re actively engaging on our developer social media channels
- You’re formulating repeatable project plans for success that can be used to partner with other teams within the org. You may have already begun piloting 1-2 of these new initiatives
Within 6 months
- You will fully own strategy for the social media channels for the developer audience
- You will work regularly with the developer community team and the developer advocacy team to create and execute on campaigns that elevate the content we and our community are creating to maximize our reach
- You are partnering with our core stakeholders within the organization to build out social strategies to help them connect with and communicate with our community members
- You are reporting regularly to the leadership team on the impact of your programs and initiatives
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.