Software Procurement Manager at Invitae (Austin, TX)
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
The Business Operations and Planning team supports all of the Invitae technology teams who deliver on the mission to provide genetic information to billions of people. We are a team of cross-functional doers who bring together key shared services to keep the team operating. Everyone needs software to get their jobs done, that's where you come in!
Invitae needs a software procurement manager, who is experienced with the end-to-end management and procurement lifecycle to help us achieve our mission - provide genetic information to billions of people. We partner with teams to build systems that take substantial amounts of genomic data, combine it with the world's scientific literature, add to it years of rigorously curated results, and package it all neatly for our scientists to consume. It's a lot of information. As the systems grow we’re requiring more tools, infrastructure, and third-party capabilities which require robust management.
What you will do:
- Supports the development and delivery of the software category strategies and annual category plans for, prioritizing agreements based on value and complexity
- Leads all aspects of the sourcing, and contractual and commercial agreements with third parties for assigned requests in the software/technology category
- Leads contractual terms and conditions, detailed statements of work, pricing, service levels and executes agreements (engaging specialists and/or individuals who can best influence the outcome of supplier agreements (as the need arises) addressing the requirements of the various partners, balancing the business need, the commercial value, and risk mitigation
- Maintains ongoing, positive relationships with all assigned suppliers in the software/technology category
- Ensure accurate accounting of software costs, enter agreements into legal and finance processes for approval and payment
- Partner on developing reporting processes for stakeholders to understand utilization, growth, and other financial metrics related to the titles they are responsible for
- Is the primary relationship manager with the business units/partners
- Implement processes, tracking, and tools to supervise the status of agreements, subscription terms and proactively engage with suppliers for renewals including a calendar of key dates
- Identify strategies for cost efficiency and savings in partnership with technology owners
- Partner with security on implementation of a vendor risk management process
What you bring:
- 3+ years of recent experience in technology procurement
- Subject matter authority or industry specialist in Software category
- Experience and a track record of running large enterprise software agreements as well as medium complexity on-premises and software as a service agreements
- Knowledgeable of sourcing and procurement principles and best practices
- Able to engage and partner with internal technologists and software developers
- Experience in driving process improvement and developing tools for supervising and handling software portfolios
At Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s leading professionals in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. Our teams thrive in our dynamic organization, which has been crafted to empower them to make the biggest impact they can for our patients. We give our employees the ability to explore interests and capabilities broadly within the organization. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility. We also provide excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we’re changing healthcare to change lives. Join us!
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.