Are you looking for a software training role in a client-focused team environment, where you get to use your excellent training/best practice skills to help others? Are you passionate about successfully training new software customers who are migrating customers from their current system to their new HomeAway enterprise vacation rental software? Are you a proactive software trainer, with excellent communication, prioritization, and project management skills, ready to contribute to a software implementation team delivering high customer satisfaction? If so, we want to talk with you!
We are seeking a Software Trainer to join our Customer Experience Software Implementation team. We provide a high-touch, relationship-centered, satisfaction-focused software implementation experience for professional property managers globally. These property managers will use their new HomeAway software to manage vacation rental properties on behalf of property owners, run all aspects of reservations and guest services, and handle all accounting related to the properties’ operations.
Software Trainers own multiple client projects from business analysis through implementation training completion. The project management aspect of software training also includes collaboration with others on the Implementation Team, Customer Experience teams, and other HomeAway teams, as needed.
What You'll Do:
- Provide training/ best practices services in multiple implementation training projects to enable customers to set up, learn, and use their new software.
- Lead customer-facing sessions including business analysis, data migration and entry, unit-owner-contract configuration, business rules set-up, reservations and accounting user training, Go Live readiness, and post-implementation best practices services.
- Receive assigned projects from the Implementation Team and, with the Implementation Specialists/Project Managers, ensures a smooth hand-off to Product Support teams when implementation is completed.
- Work very closely with Implementation Specialists/Project Managers on mutual customer implementation projects; this includes communicating and collaborating on a daily basis.
- Track projects - including progress, achievements, and customer communication - using tools such as Smartsheet, Google Docs, Salesforce and Basecamp
- Identify and monitor software development issues in JIRA, as needed, until resolution.
- Communicate with the customer’s internal point of contact and team throughout the implementation project life, documenting communication following team procedures.
- Document, internally, training issues and customer progress following team procedures.
- Work with customers and Implementation Specialists/Project Managers to ensure timely Software Go Live.
- Work cross-functionally with additional company teams including Product, API support, Website/Booking Engine Services, and Content & Training.
- Work closely with the U.S. and Australia teams to deliver a positive implementation experience, with focus on training deliverables, and timely throughput.
- Given pre-implementation findings and business analysis session, work with team lead or manager to recommend training needs for any non-standard projects.
- Identify and refer raised concerns to team lead or manager and assist with troubleshooting.
- Provide “train the trainer” assistance as needed, internally.
- Plan and own execution of other training or implementation-related projects, as assigned.
- Participate in team meetings and contribute to continual improvement within the Implementation Team.
- Provide feedback and suggestions on products, issues, processes and procedures to improve efficiency and offer customers a better experience.
Who You Are:
- Skilled software trainer with project management skills, preferably in a software environment
- Detail-oriented, quality-focused, organized self-starter
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Trainer with proven ability to work with customers up to several months and keep project on track
- Proficiency in Salesforce, Basecamp, and Jira preferred.
Experience and Qualification:
- At least 3 years of experience in implementation, client services project management, or onboarding/engagement management.
- Experience working within a software business preferred. Internet, property management, or travel industry experience useful.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on Vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares. If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of VRBO and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.