Sr. IT Project Manager at Bright Health
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
The Sr. Project Manager is responsible for working with senior level business stakeholders and IT, both leadership and subject matter experts, enterprise-wide to develop and manage IT plan to integrate infrastructure and operations. This role will be accountable for: site discovery and assessments as related to IT infrastructure, defining both the intermediate and long-term infrastructure integration plan, defining business and technical requirements, developing transition service agreements (as needed), developing infrastructure cutover plan, and executing the final infrastructure integration plan.
- Oversee the site migration and upgrade of the acquired entity
- Provide consultative guidance to the M&A team and key stakeholders around IT due diligence, best practices, requirement gathering, and integration options
- Work with Project Sponsor to define project scope and objectives and develop milestone schedules
- Perform project planning and scoping activities to achieve client goals within the expected timelines
- Build relationships across business, IT teams, and third-party service providers both at working and leadership levels to influence positive outcomes in resolving bottlenecks and constraints
- Facilitate and/or support detailed IT due diligence including site discovery and assessment, as needed
- Inventory current technology and develop plan to convert and transform the "as is" to "to be" state. Document both business and technical requirements.
- Develop IT budget for both transition and steady state phases, as needed
- Negotiate and/or develop Transition Service Agreements (TSAs), as needed
- Assess business readiness for the cutover. Escalate as needed.
- Understand project escalations paths and proactively and effectively log, track, and communicate issues (escalate), risks (mitigate), assumptions (clarify), actions (track to closure), decisions (help arrive at & communicate).
- Communicate status, activities, and project risks to stakeholders and escalates as appropriate
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in technology, engineering or related field, masters preferred in related discipline.
- 10 years of IT management experience with 8 years of IT project management.
- 10+ years’ experience with hosting, networking, and other enterprise technical infrastructure required.
- 5+ years’ experience with merger, acquisition, and divestiture transactions is preferred.
- Experience in healthcare industry; especially in the provider and/or payer is preferred
- Thorough knowledge of network, telecommunications, collaboration, client, server, storage, network, security, database, and Web technologies is required.
- Experience in Public Cloud Hosting migrations is required, Azure experience a plus.
- Experience with Switching DHCP/DNS, subnetting, multiple routing protocols, switching, firewalls/policy NAT/rules, Spanning Tree, VTP, Power over Ethernet, VoIP, QoS, trunking, VLANs, etc.
- Familiarity with VPNs, VOIP, SIP Trunking, Cisco Wireless Deployments, SD-WAN, Cisco Data Center Switching, Security methodology, Load Balancing, VMware, Citrix and network monitor tools.
- PMI or PMP certification a plus.
- ITIL V3 Foundation certification a plus.
- Is comfortable dealing with ambiguity and possesses high tolerance for risk.
- Comfortable and capable of speaking to senior leadership when necessary.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.