Sr Manager, Program Management
As a Sr. Manager in our Research, Delivery & Operations (RDO) Portfolio Management Office (PMO), you will work with a passionate team responsible for optimally managing a diverse and complex infrastructure portfolio. You will be responsible for cultivating a high performing team of delivery experts and guiding them in leading strategic and complex initiatives across multiple teams and/or departments. And, you’ll advance our lean portfolio management discipline and operational effectiveness by supporting continual evolution of our processes.
The Job: You will leverage your portfolio, program and agile experience to effectively manage assigned portfolios and ensure predictable and efficient delivery of commitments. We are looking for a leader with a proven track record of successfully managing geographically dispersed teams and a demonstrated ability to develop and grow leaders. You’ll need to be innovative and adaptable and be able to lean into the details while keeping the big picture in sight. Whatever the challenge, you’ll always be looking for ways to mature our effectiveness.
· Cultivate a diverse, high-performing team that develops, recognizes and retains the best people.
· Lead the adoption and maturation of lean, agile best practices across assigned portfolios supporting lineage, transparency and thoughtful orchestration of work.
· Ensure effective portfolio management of assigned portfolios including decision management and alignment, change management, dependency management and end-to-end roadmap alignment
· Lead portfolio programs and teams in strategic planning and in predictably and efficiently delivering on our commitments resulting in reliable outcomes.
· Drive and promote effective process management; identify and pursue opportunities to further operational excellence by increasing efficiency and reducing risk, complexity, waste and cost.
· Foster a culture that leverages metrics to make informed decisions and guide change.
· Guide business readiness, engaging diverse stakeholders and teams across Blackbaud in effective collaboration from planning to launch.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work experience
· 10 years people and program management experience required
· Practical experience with lean and agile methodologies is required
· Experience working with large and geographically distributed teams required