Sr. NPI Supply Chain Manager
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
Senior NPI Supply Chain Manager plans, provides resources for and directs activities in the manufacturing operations engineering function to meet schedules, standards, and cost. Cultivates and reinforces appropriate group values, norms and behaviors. Uses judgment on a variety of problems requiring deviation from standard practices. Establishes governance, policy and strategies to meet defined product and process requirements. Establishes and manages governance for worldwide DFx activates.
• Establish governance, resources and directs activities related to DFx solutions.
o Provides DFx leadership for Focepoint worldwide.
o Input on new product platform designs and migration.
o Evaluating new and existing designs and processes for effective cost, quality & reliability
o Close collaboration with design teams to implement DFx requirements.
o Establish DFx strategies to meet coverage required for functional safety
• Drives early partnerships with engineering and product management to assess cost feasibility on new platforms through bottoms up, should cost and ROI analysis.
• Cultivate on-going cost analysis and transparency to stakeholders to support DFx optimization, including influencing platform modularization.
• Negotiate and finalize any custom work done for Forcepoint inside the hardware
• Regularly review and report on current activities in each Contract integrator site, specifically reporting on technical problems needing attention.
• Partner with the Hardware Logistics Team to insure the timely delivery of appliances to customers in any approved location around the world.
• Manage the technical process for refurbishing and reusing the returned appliances in existing evaluation processes.
• Budgets and controls cost related to DFx, Manufacturing Operations and Quality Management teams.
• Manages tactical document control Omnify / engineering change order process and bill of material structuring for manufacturing control of design specifications, bills of materials and build documentation.
• Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Education and Experience
• BS in Engineering, Operations or Supply Chain Management
• MS in Business, Operations, Supply Chain Management preferred10+ years of relevant product development, supply chain or operations experience at the management level.
• Proven results driven leadership in change management, growth, people, processes and projects.
• 15 years working in an operations organization producing hardware based products
• 10 years in a management position controlling a the manufacturing process for hardware products
• Must have experience with the management of 3rd party contract manufacturing and integration organizations
• Must have experience in an operations organization that produces hardware products or uses OEM style hardware to produce appliances
• Must understand the basics of computer server operations and the firmware/software components that support operating systems
• Experience leading DFx teams for complex designs.
• Experience with DFx flow from architecture definition all the way to production.
• Possesses knowledge in DFT and ATE designs, flow and industry tools.