Sr. Program Manager - Product & Engineering at FloSports
FloSports, a leader and innovator in digital sports media, is currently seeking a Sr. Program Manager to join our Product and Engineering Team
About the Team: At FloSports, we are building world-class apps for fans. We support our web app, native mobile apps for iOS and Android, as well as for the big screen on Apple TV, FireTV, Roku. Our apps deliver thousands of live streams, scores and results, interactive brackets, replays, articles and video-on-demand for 25 different sports verticals. Our mission is to wow our customers by creating a harmonious multi-device experience for the modern sports fan.
About the Role: We are seeking a full-time Senior Program Manager to join the FloSports team, located in Austin, TX (remote candidates will be considered but occasional travel to Austin will be required). As a key leader in our Product Development organization, you will be responsible for driving projects and programs across all of our sports web, mobile app and TV device products.
You will be responsible for managing programs involving cross-functional teams focusing on launching and integrating new software products and services. You will create and maintain program & project plans, evaluate resource availability, anticipate bottlenecks, provide management escalation, recommend tradeoffs, balance business needs versus technical constraints and champion agile development practices.
Your thorough understanding of the software development process (user stories, system/architectural design , development, configuration, testing, and deployment) is crucial in identifying and mitigating risks early in the product life cycle and ensuring successful product launches.
You must be able to coordinate between teams of technical resources and product stakeholders and have an understanding of the technologies, systems, and processes that will be used in achieving project objectives. You will primarily interface with the Product Management, Engineering, Design and QA teams to ensure the successful delivery of new experiences to market. Maturity, leadership, sound judgment, and the ability to effectively balance multiple priorities will be crucial for success in this role.
We are open to fully remote candidates with occasional travel to our Austin, TX office.
- Synthesize a large number of interrelated projects into a small set of discrete programs with clear objectives, detailed plans and execution structures.
- Lead and manage program-level forums to regularly review program health, risks, mitigation options, resource contention and escalated issues.
- Support Product leadership team with regular updates to a four quarter rolling product roadmap for all key product lines and initiatives.
- Mentor team members in agile/scrum-master best practices as needed
- Manage the technical integration plan for acquired companies and IP.
- Effectively and consistently publish detailed project plans including sprint metrics, resource utilization, cross-functional dependencies, budgets, milestones, launch dates and critical path analysis.
- Efficiently manage projects with resources spread over multiple geographies (US and abroad).
- Publish weekly project and program updates including the latest status, variance from plan, high priority issues, mitigation plans and decisions needed.
- BA/BS required, preferably in a Computer Science or Business discipline.
- 8 years of experience in a software development environment.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in program or project management capacity in an agile/scrum environment.
- Experience in the digital media industry is preferred. Knowledge of streaming video, OTT/SVOD, mobile app development and subscription-based monetization models is a plus.
- Experience successfully training & mentoring junior project/program managers.
- Ability to excel in both a high-visibility strategic capacity, including regular executive presentations, and get involved in detailed program management tasks when necessary.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of the product life cycle, as well as associated tools, processes and operational planning.
- A process-oriented disposition is critical, with experience successfully crafting processes appropriate to organizational culture and goals.
- High energy and empathy, strong team player, creative thinker and strategic influencer.
- Demonstrated experience playing a leadership role across a broad set of cross-functional teams.
Who We Are:
Founded in 2006, FloSports is a venture-backed OTT subscription video streaming service dedicated to sports, offering live and on-demand access to hundreds of thousands of competition events across 25+ sports in the US and abroad. FloSports’ vision is to finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. With a growing library of more than 300,000 hours of premium content including news, expert commentary, films, documentaries and more, FloSports has established itself as an innovator and leader in sports streaming. Finally your sport has a home.
How We Do It:
We are the CEOs of our own work and are accountable for the tasks and responsibilities assigned to us. We take pride in creating the content that fans love. We row in the same direction and work together on our common vision. We build and strengthen our relationships through teamwork and respect. We embrace challenges, ask questions and are allowed to fail as long as we learn. We are passionate about building tribes and communities worth belonging to. We are innovative, curious, and have an appetite for making things better. Does this sound like you?
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At FloSports, we are bonded by our passion for sports and our purpose to unite communities around experiences that finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. We recognize the need to build a company that seeks out, embraces, and celebrates our individual differences, ideas, and talent. FloSports is committed to the pursuit of a fair, equal and inclusive workplace where everyone is given the opportunity to grow to their fullest potential. As such, we are intentional in our hiring practices in an effort to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. FloSports has adopted the “blind recruiting” process, which aims to open this opportunity to more candidates, help us be more objective in how we review applicants and mitigate bias in our decision making processes.
- Recognized as one of 2020’s Top Workplaces by the Austin-American Statesman
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- Generous 401(K) company match
- Progressive parental leave policies
- Flexible paid vacation and work environment
- Free laundry service for all positions that require travel
- Company sponsorship donation to youth teams coached by our employees
- Bring your dog to work- everyday!
- Stocked snack bar, catered lunch and breakfast tacos every week
- Modern and collaborative office environment